Shipping Phase Linear Amplifiers

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Markthefixer over at AK sent me this crate to ship some stuff to him and thought it deserved a heads up here. I'm thinkin I'll buy one of these and whomever wants to ship an amp my way I'll send it to em. When not in use here it can go to any Phoenix Member to ship their stuff to wherever it needs to go. Provided it comes back of course.

So, whatcha all think??

Attachments

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
i LOVE anvil CASES. i HAVE SEVERAL i BOUGHT FOR NEXT TO NOTHING ON EbAY. pROBLEM IS, THEY ARE MUCH BIGGER AND HAVE ROLLERS. wON'T QUITE FIT A BASS DRUM, BUT i'LL BET TWO OR THREE pHAS lINEARS COULD BE SENT IN ONE. THEY ARE THE CAT'S MEOW..

I LOVE THEM..

I've got a nice made in St Louis Barry case that is very similar to the one you have in your pic. Mine does not have hinges as the entire top comes off. I've got 4 of them total(the other three are larger and hinged) and they were very handy as I moved all of my stuff from St. Louis to Oregon to Las Vegas

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
laatsch55 said:
What ??? No comment from this bunch??? What is the world coming to??
I can't haul one on a Schwinn.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Ok, shithead, one day back and you think you can treat me like that??? HUH??? I DO NOT BUY PACKING PEANUTS, BUT I WILL SHIP THEM OUT AS I GET THEM IN!!!!1 SO THERE!!!! BTW, good to see ya again.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
laatsch55 said:
Ok, shithead, one day back and you think you can treat me like that??? HUH??? I DO NOT BUY PACKING PEANUTS, BUT I WILL SHIP THEM OUT AS I GET THEM IN!!!!1 SO THERE!!!! BTW, good to see ya again.
I wouldn't be stuwee if I didn't razz ya on your special day now would I?? :laughing8: :evil4: :laughing8:

orange

Tagline
What do you expect from a telephone data routing setup devoid of Ernestine?

orange

Tagline
i get tired of them coming out of the box , or getting spilled until they are both a nation and legion. I like AND prefer to use forms from the stores downtoem or air pillows and some newspaper pages.

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
Cabbage Cases is just down the street form me. I've bought at least a dozen cases of all sizes from them. I go in with a conceept and they sit down and design a box. Whether you buy 1 or 500 you get great service. Some of the biggest ones I've purchased have gotten beaten up from UPS/FedEx. I take them in for repair and they knock it out almost a s good as new.

I've had very good success shipping P/L amps in a Legal Tote Box form u-haul. I use a sheet of 2" foam insulation from home Depot to line the box. I put the amp in a trash bad and sit in the lined box. With some additional wedging it's snug and secure. Don't tape over the slots in the side for your fingers. Close the top the way the instructions show.