Settingn Up a TT

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I have several links to setting up a TT if you are interested. Or maybe a link section. Setting up a TT is one of the biggest pains to me. I have a nice Dual with an almost new Grado Green or Blue I forget. I think it is I'm not that good at it is why I hate it. I always think I'm going to mess up. I'm a perfectionist. Anything I do I want to do well. Just one of my many short comings.
Larry

deaner33

New Around These Parts
I've always wondered what it would be like to set up a TT for someone that has never done it - I imagine it's pretty daunting. It's always seemed second nature to me, but I guess growing up during the time where TT's were the primary listening source I just picked it up from my dad. Sorry if off topic, just rambling...

deaner33

New Around These Parts
Ok, I re-read my post & it could come off as bragging, which was not what I was intending. I wouldn't say I enjoy setting up TT's, but I don't hate it either. Of course there are degrees of difficulty involved depending on the TT being set up...

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Nah I think it would just save anyone a lot of frustration if you did come set up their turntables, experienced or not. Taking customers??? :cheers:

Heck, sounds like setting up a turntable for the uninformed (aka ME) can be daunting. That'd explain why I banged my head against a Grado gold cart for a month or two before sending it on down to Stuwee - he set it right up and said it's doing awesome.

Guess if I want to spin an LP, I'm going to have to stick with my linear and T4P cartridge. It's not too shabby... A/T Reference 8008. Has the shibata stylus that runs around 135 (yowza). Turntable is a piece of doo doo tho, but I don't have enough records yet... heh

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
How many is enough LPs? And I have everything to do it and I just keep putting it off. Or you could buy a nice Ferrari Red TT that is already set up. I think I know someone who would probably give you a pretty good deal
Larry