Sansui AU 717 Integrated Amps

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Just cleaning up two of these today. I own three, but I am going to trade one for some watches, the other one will either go to ebay or will be listed here.

I am trying to cut down on some of the excess gear that I own to make me a happier camper and because I will never listen to all of the gear I own. I have to be careful though as when I dig out gear not being used and listen to it and clean it up I become reattached to it. :cyclops:

Do any of you besides Larry have extra amps around? Most of what I have is working as I own maybe one or two pieces of gear that need work.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I have more amps and gear than I can listen to. I have a lot out on loan to friends whose existence is better for music.

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hi Web I just sold of a few Items that were either expendable or not being used,

1 a Marantz 2238
2 HPM 100s
3 Yamaha YP D3 turntable
4 an AU-999
5 Crown DC 300 A 11

can,t say I got rich on any of these but they went to good homes,,Once I find either a Mac power amp that won,t cost me a Lung or run across a Big VU power amp I be selling my twin Yamaha M-50s

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Fast Forward said:
Hi Web I just sold of a few Items that were either expendable or not being used,

1 a Marantz 2238
2 HPM 100s
3 Yamaha YP D3 turntable
4 an AU-999
5 Crown DC 300 A 11

can,t say I got rich on any of these but they went to good homes,,Once I find either a Mac power amp that won,t cost me a Lung or run across a Big VU power amp I be selling my twin Yamaha M-50s

That's cool, no need to maximize value or worry about getting rich. The Sansui deal is complete the right hand amp is gone and I have 4 new watches to play with an wear. A couple of Invicta's, and SUG and Croton. I traded with a friend so he got a good deal and I got a few watches to wear that I really didn't need. He has an amp he didn't really need and I traded an amp I didn't really need.

Now I just need to find a home for one more Sansui. :cyclops:

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
laatsch55 said:
FF, what are the specs on the M-50?
Rated a 110 per channel tested by my tech in excess of that,,,both in super shape ,,I have a C-80 Pre that would accept 2 power amps ,I got a super deal on a Mac pre,,that only accepts 1 amp so i stepped the rca inputs down so I could use both amps but feel I,m not getting the sound quality, so I want to step up to another amp that will let me play 2 set of speakers at the same time ,, my preference would be another Yamaha amp because they sound great,,FF

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Web Police said:
[quote="Fast Forward":dtcyw5nd]Hi Web I just sold of a few Items that were either expendable or not being used,

1 a Marantz 2238
2 HPM 100s
3 Yamaha YP D3 turntable
4 an AU-999
5 Crown DC 300 A 11

That's cool, no need to maximize value or worry about getting rich. The Sansui deal is complete the right hand amp is gone and I have 4 new watches to play with an wear. A couple of Invicta's, and SUG and Croton. I traded with a friend so he got a good deal and I got a few watches to wear that I really didn't need. He has an amp he didn't really need and I traded an amp I didn't really need.

Now I just need to find a home for one more Sansui. :cyclops:[/quote:dtcyw5nd]actually Web I sold the AU-999 for 200.00 then saw one go for 515.00 on E-gay,,I don,t feel to bad as the guy I sold the sansui to was the same guy that sold me the Mac Pre for 250.00

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Fast Forward said:
actually Web I sold the AU-999 for 200.00 then saw one go for 515.00 on E-gay,,I don,t feel to bad as the guy I sold the sansui to was the same guy that sold me the Mac Pre for 250.00

As long as you are happy with the transaction that is all that matters.

Here are the watches I traded for.

jaetee

Journeyman
Fast Forward said:
laatsch55 said:
FF, what are the specs on the M-50?
Rated a 110 per channel tested by my tech in excess of that,,,both in super shape ,,I have a C-80 Pre that would accept 2 power amps ,I got a super deal on a Mac pre,,that only accepts 1 amp so i stepped the rca inputs down so I could use both amps but feel I,m not getting the sound quality, so I want to step up to another amp that will let me play 2 set of speakers at the same time ,, my preference would be another Yamaha amp because they sound great,,FF
I have listened to my Yammy M-50 almost every day since finding it in a pawn shop 12 years ago... I LOVE that amp and highly recommend it to anyone out there who has a need for a clean stereo power amp!!

I am also no stranger to the Sausui AU-717. Last year I found an AU-717 and TU-717 pair at a flea market. The amp needed repair but the tuner worked fine. They were in perfect cosmetic shape and the price was fair, so I bought them. I ended up having the AU-717 fixed and spent some time comparing it to my M-50 in my DJ booth setup. I felt they both sounded remarkably good. M-50 was more neutral, the AU-717 a bit more warm. However, due to the fact that the Sansui set is generally more sought after and thus more marketable (plus, all of my components run through a DJ mixer as a preamp, anyway) I ended up selling the 717 pair on ebay for triple of what I would have gotten for the Yamaha. Space in the DJ booth area is always a consideration and I just don't listen to the radio enough to justify keeping that wonderful TU-717 around. With the proceeds I bought a Nak RX-505, so no regrets there! :cheers: