Ronnie Scores a Hat Trick (3rd 700B WOPL)

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Guess he didn't understand my humor.
Humor?
The guy doesn't know you from Adam, but he has a whole attic full of desirable audio gear and probably would appreciate some guidance on re-commissioning some of the vintage equipment. He wants to build a man-cave like Lee has (miniature version) and I think this is the perfect forum for him.
You slam him for holding on to his beloved sound devices (in the original boxes) after hauling them back from Germany (you were there, you know the drill). Now, I know this is your thread that he hijacked, but you did not call him on that; instead you insulted his hoarding without knowing that maybe he lives in a small apartment with a crotchety old landlord...

Ease up on the challenges until he gets to know us a little bit better. Your opinions are valuable but not if they offend the newcomers to the point of never showing up again. C'mon, he is one of us.

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Macawus......

You found the right place if interested in reviving your gear. These guys are very passionate about what they do...mostly bring the old back to spec (or better). A piece sitting in the closet is just another admired amp not being enjoyed....blasphemous to some here.

Unfortunately the introduction thread has gone by the wayside lately. Newbies were usually jokingly advised of our forum oddities...mostly thread crapping and general snarkiness, We cut out offering pie but welcome everyone as family and hope they come out of here with questions answered.

There’s room for everyone here, casual listeners to collectors with walls of equipment. No one criticizes anyone’s gear (well maybe ‘Sniff’s Kenner Close and Play), all they want to see is it being enjoyed and in the best shape possible.

Hope you give us another chance...let’s start over with a proper welcome...

Welcome to Phoenix macaw1us. Take a look around. You’ll find answers to most questions and a bunch of crap that will hopefully make you laugh.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Humor?
The guy doesn't know you from Adam, but he has a whole attic full of desirable audio gear and probably would appreciate some guidance on re-commissioning some of the vintage equipment. He wants to build a man-cave like Lee has (miniature version) and I think this is the perfect forum for him.
You slam him for holding on to his beloved sound devices (in the original boxes) after hauling them back from Germany (you were there, you know the drill). Now, I know this is your thread that he hijacked, but you did not call him on that; instead you insulted his hoarding without knowing that maybe he lives in a small apartment with a crotchety old landlord...

Ease up on the challenges until he gets to know us a little bit better. Your opinions are valuable but not if they offend the newcomers to the point of never showing up again. C'mon, he is one of us.
At least I didn't call him a hoarder. And, as you said he Hijacked but we all do so Who cares. My statement was to "Hold On To your 700B's, There are none".

So he has a ticking time bomb sitting in the box..... That doesn't mean there are any available for sale. He should have introduced himself and passed on that info.

He didn't like MY humor because he doesn't know me from Adam??? Again, who cares. I didn't say shit about holding on to his beloved gear. I pointed out that they are ticking time bombs as 40 years is a long time to be sitting in a box. Who are you? Judge Judy?