RIP Queen Elizabeth II

Tagline
A clear conscience is actually a bad memory.
I am not a royalist, but i have to say that even i was taken aback when the news of the Queens departure was announced - I have only ever known her as Monarch, and what a good job she did over 70 years. Not something that i would like to do.... ever
It is a great loss but she did have a healthy and long life, and hopefully one that was full and pleasurable for her.
Charles will be alright, William might fair better when his time comes.... Who knows, but we will find out soon enough!
All change here in the UK, New PM and New King in the space of a week....

PC

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Indeed, God Speed. Whatever one may think of the institution itself (and it does seem outdated), the steadiness it provides with the regular events it celebrates is an excellent means of grounding all of us with known markers for our lives. Some regimen is a healthy thing, I think, and the Queen took that role seriously, along with the concept of a servant leader.

Hopefully, Charles and William will be half as good at providing a certain steadiness to the Commonwealth - and to some extent, the world - as Elizabeth II was.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
I keep trading about Harry and Megan being worth less than William.

Can someone say why so I don't have to hunt for that info?

QEII had a great run earning respect around the world in her commonwealth and the rest of the world.