Remotes

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I was reading. Will all components have enough power to use a passive? That is cool. I don't need a phono I have an amp for it. Thank you. I can even read the schematic. LOL No noise AC involved. Cool

Larry

soundude

Journeyman
Larry your phono amp still needs attenuation throught the preamp, how would you control the level output. The output of your phono amp will go into one of the inputs so you can control the volume.
go with v3.
all of these parts can be had at your local radio shack, you will need to make the enclosure for it though, i suggest red oak or MDF veenered with red oak...should of got the old PL knobs so you could used on you new preamp build.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
John
You should probably leave the center position on the play-mute-record switch open rather than grounded. The way it is configured now, it shorts out the source to ground which is probably not your intent. You have a 47K pulldown on the output RCA jack which will serve as your mute ground when the switch is in the center position.

soundude

Journeyman
Joe ur right, was thinking to close the loop of the output of the source not realizing the pot keeps the resistance to ground on it anyway.
Here is the revision for you Larry.
[attachment=0:2yuaw88g]Passive Preamp v3.jpg[/attachment:2yuaw88g]

Attachments

speakerman1

Tagline
Cool. I have the feet, wire, and RCAs. May build some of it out pf wood. Do you know anyone who could engrave the wood and paint the engraving black?

Larry

soundude

Journeyman
You can use plexi glass or acrylic and tape or stick letters on the backside then paint the back of the plexi and peel off the letters and intall a blue led behind it, kinda like the 700B PL...
I think I'm gonna build one too, going to do birch or oak knobs. Kinda like I did these acyrlic knobs and switch plate, they glow blue when the amps on.[attachment=1:efcn07e4]acrylic knobs 003.jpg[/attachment:efcn07e4][attachment=0:efcn07e4]acrylic knobs 002.jpg[/attachment:efcn07e4]

Attachments

speakerman1

Tagline
I have some holes saws. No drill press. I can run a drill though. Working sheet metal. I wish I had a penny for every hole I have drilled. LOL

Larry

soundude

Journeyman
Yeh me too, only not that kinda hole I like to be drilling...LOL, anyway drillpress is key for a straight knob...if you know what size knobs you like to use and I can run some off for you...I have some nice clear pine and with a nice oak stain they would look awesome..I made a few for a friend 2" deep and 2" round veneered with red oak....