RECORD STORE DAY!

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
http://recordstoreday.com/Home

http://www.bullmoose.com/

I'm getting ready to head off to Bullmoose to check it out. This is the 5th annual. I haven't been before but there is like 300 unique/new releases, giveaways and live music.

I wont have time to see the bands as it is in the afternoon. If you have a local music store that you like, today might be a good day to visit.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Wow this was cool. Everything on the table was free, loaded up in a gift bag! The items propped up on the wall are the items I purchased, including a special limited release of Miles Davis songs from the 50's, 60's and 70's which were not previously released on vinyl.
[attachment=0:3ertw7he]Record Store Day.JPG[/attachment:3ertw7he]
Since my son came with me and they sell video games, I treated him to a game called Skyrim. He's playing it now and it's awesome.

There is an absolute TON of new music and special releases here on CD, to numerous to mention at this point. It's going to take a bit to go through it all

I was surprised at the Blue-Ray too, Game of Thrones. I guess I'll have a movie to watch, plenty of music to sort and listen too and a fun game to enjoy with my son. This wont be a dull weekend.

Cheers!

Attachments

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
there is one 35 miles away on the interstate and a lot longer by scooter. LOL I use to buy from a couple people on ebay. I think I buy from the record store. Cool rewards. Did they have any nice older LPs?

Larry

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
The Bullmoose in Sanford, Maine does not have any used vinyl. Limited new selection.
The one in Portsmouth,NH has 100's of new vinyl and 1000's of used. The used vinyl in Portsmouth is clean, good condition and replenished regularly.

I usually shop in Portsmouth for that reason, but today it would have been mobbed and parking downtown is annoying. Either way is less then 1/2hr from my place.

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
I picked up a RSD release of a flexi disc attached to an original old stock (circa 1970) Buck Owens coloring book! I've become a little jaded at some of the overpriced RSD releases but I had to have this. A cool piece for my collection.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
That's funny I saw the buck owens book on TV prior to RSD and there are still some kicking around in the stores (saw one yesterday). I spent a bunch of money after the fact on Miles Davis, Bill Evans, Dave Brubeck and Iggy Pop RSD releases that showed up.