Re-issues have been good to me with this vinyl revival. Anyone else?

nobody

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Seems there are a big pile of old standards that get reissued constancy by multiple labels and across all sorts of formats... mono., stereo, 45rpm, etc... But other things never seem to see the light of day.

However, the last year or so has been good to me for getting a few reissues I've wanted of things I just couldn't pay collectible prices for. They finally released a reissue of Oliver Sain: Main Man, which I picked up and which sounds great. RSD saw the reissue of The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld, and while I thought the $74 or so for the reissue was out of line, it did crash prices of originals enough that I was able to grab a bargain on one of those instead.

And now, I just noticed that Greensleeves has reissued some classic dub albums that have been out of print forever. Scientist Wins the World Cup and Scientist Meets the Space Invaders have been reissued as double albums, re-titled as Junjo Presents: Wins The World Cup and Linval Presents: Space Invaders with the original dub tracks and a second album each of the vocal versions. I already had the others in that series, but finally get to get these affordably.

Anyone else come across recent re-issues of things you've long wanted but never came across for a decent price? Anything out there you've been long wanting but with someone would finally reissue?

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I haven't had to worry so far TH and eBay members Shotwell (the-mad-buyer) and dogface1956 (same ID and eBay store Dead Duck Music) as well as edmkreed (Reed's Music And More) who are all friends of mine have kept records, reel recordings and NOS plus good vintage used tape coming, and one has helped my buy others' items for a long time.

The rest I tend to find in town at thrifts and yard sales. Love those immensely!

I have to give props to doity as well as a few others on TH. The network is still there.

Last edited:

nobody

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Oh yeah, plenty of good, cheap vinyl is out there. Garage sale season is upon us right now, looking forward to a couple local guys who seem to host one every year where the pickings are plentiful. But, I always have that list in my head of things I really want that are a bit tougher to come across, especially without breaking the bank. That's when a good, solid reissue for 20 bucks or so comes in handy instead of continuing a years long search or splashing out big bucks at discogs or ebay.