PL400 series 2 led meter issue

Tagline
---
Anyone can help me fix a led meter on my pl400 series 2 ? It is suddenly stop moving on left channel. Sound output is still fine. Hope someone in here can help me out.

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I have the same problem with the Clair 700 but folks think it's the meter switch since I do get some movement. Good luck finding a meter Brother! Like Perry says, they are just for looks more or less but they do look funny with only one working

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
The meter board on the left is the main one as it supplies power to the right.
It is easy to see if the switch is not making contact for the low level by checking the voltage at the board input or the wire connect to the meter board on the switch. The Alps switch is Basic and can get dirty or not make contact internally. High level is a pass through set up with the resistor feed directly going to the out put lugs from the input lugs and thus not using the switch integral connections. This will tell if a board or switch

hope this helps

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
The meter board on the left is the main one as it supplies power to the right.
It is easy to see if the switch is not making contact for the low level by checking the voltage at the board input or the wire connect to the meter board on the switch. The Alps switch is Basic and can get dirty or not make contact internally. High level is a pass through set up with the resistor feed directly going to the out put lugs from the input lugs and thus not using the switch integral connections. This will tell if a board or switch

hope this helps
Must be different on the 700 since the right meter supplies the voltage for the left meter and has the rectifier on it. The right meter takes the ac power from the transformer and rectifies it for both meters. I thought they both used the same boards.

Last edited: