Pilotized

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
I have to post pics since I unscrewed the back panel off, the dry air out here didn't do the veneer on the back panel any favors, which is signed btw by all the guys who put her together, ink stamped 9/59, my first stereo session was with this console......

The 690-A pre/tuner has dual Am/FM dials, dual bass and treble controls RIAA, NAB, AES Eq's for the left and right channel :study: and a loudness switch as well, has the uber rare multiplex thingie :ugeek:

Attachments

stuwee

Hehe, now for the big guns :mrgreen:

Custom, special order 15"s, Woof!

stamped 220909, F15P-C6590, 41-470 on the blue cast frames. My internet search yeilds no info on these, seems to be a cloth surround, very intact, unreal bass from these babys, I went across the street to get the mail and I felt it in my chest, walked back in the house and it sounded so real, tunefull, rich, warm.....

Attachments

stuwee

laatsch55 said:
So that's a Pilot 232 eh?
Yeppers, many Pilot consoles get gutted just for that amp :evil:

It's weird that it's mounted vertically, not the best for heat dissapation so I've been told, gives the top tube a hard time of it :cry: , I've replaced the EL-84's a couple of years ago with Slovex's. I have to give the pre/tuner major kudo's, it pulls in FM staions like a train with just it's original ribbon antenna stapeled on the back of the cab, and I'm sure it's waaay out of allingnment. I love the dual tone controls. :cherry:

A restored 232....

Attachments