Philips GA 222

Miracle Mile

Veteran and General Yakker
Philips.....

Found this almost 37 years old turntable yesterday for an incredible bottom price:

The 401 cartridge will be replaced by the better 412 this weekend.

This is just ultimate vinyl fun for absolute NO money......

Last edited:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Very nice looking vintage turntable, Miles. I lucked into a 1985 vintage plastic Marantz tt for my step-daughter's vintage starter system, yesterday. The Philips looks and is substantially better than this basic Marantz. I'll be happy if it works OK after spending $10.70 for it.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
For next to zip for cash outlay, you have done it again, Miles. Get that puppy ready for the Vinyl Only Traveling Tape and sign up if you have the time to contribute.

Nando.

Miracle Mile

Veteran and General Yakker
There were only some minor scratches on the top cover, but I polished them awy this evening.
Sold my Thorens TD 160MK II some years ago for an astronomical price, but when I saw this Philips in a thriftstore yesterday I couldn't resist it.
I grew up with this TT; My father had exactly the same one, and I'm glad to be able again to play his unique Miles Davis collection on the same type of turntable.

He would be pleased......

Elite-ist

Staff member
Lucky you. It's heart-warming to be able to turn back the clock with some of your dad's LPs playing on the same model turntable he once owned.

Nando.