Phase Linear

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Just received a PL 3300 II. It is still in the garage. Need to see what it sounds like. There were some spare ICs in the box. Some rust on top. I can take care of. Wonder if it sounds better than the Hafler guess we will see. Yes I will post pics.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Just put a tape in the Nak. Didn't know what it was. It is the Beatles. I never thought a pre would make that much difference. It has opened up these Norman Labs that is for sure. Haven't tried the CDP yet. My gosh it has opened up these speakers. The Hafler is for sale. Almost makes me want to record some music. I have 3 Yamahas that need to be fixed. Sold my LX-3. I know I shouldn't have. Gotta get some funds together ansd get these Yammies going.

Larry

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
hehe! some fool down here wants big bucks $365 I think for a 700 amp, wanna blow up your prized speakers anyone??

Nice amps till ya push them to hard, then the DC steps in,Ka-BooM!, get the fire extinguisher, grab that plug ! :violent2:

Bob Carver himself admits the 'no protection' curcuitry was a bad idea, pretty meters tho!

http://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/2080524034.html

Attachments

speakerman1

Tagline
stuwee said:
hehe! some fool down here wants big bucks $365 I think for a 700 amp, wanna blow up your prized speakers anyone??

Nice amps till ya push them to hard, then the DC steps in,Ka-BooM!, get the fire extinguisher, grab that plug ! :violent2:

Bob Carver himself admits the 'no protection' curcuitry was a bad idea, pretty meters tho!

http://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/2080524034.html
I have one of those. There is a mod. That is a good price. They will blow speakers in more than one way. I paid 450.00 for mine. I can barely make the meters twitch and it is loud. One day I need the mod done. But it is so heavy to ship. I forgot how many watts per channel. I think 270 I'm not sure. Does anyone know? I just found out. The wattage for a 700B is 345 into 8 ohms. Some one called it an Arc Welder. LOL

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Actually it's 425 right before it clips. A true monster, but it can be tamed.