Phase Linear 8000 in the house

frhodes

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Received my new turntable today. Works perfect. Now just needs set-up and super cleaning. Many thanks to Dennis for steering me to this.

Attachments

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Looks great. Which cartridge is on there?

Nando.

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Received my new turntable today. Works perfect. Now just needs set-up and super cleaning. Many thanks to Dennis for steering me to this.
I never got a chance to actually fondle it before it shipped but that sure looks nice. I'm glad it made it in good shape and it looks awsome! The seller Dave has turned out to be a great guy and resource so when anything else comes up interesting I'll let you all know.

I just got back home from a short vacation and while away didn't get a chance to get online. Didn't mind tho... time away is always good.

frhodes

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I never got a chance to actually fondle it before it shipped but that sure looks nice. I'm glad it made it in good shape and it looks awsome! The seller Dave has turned out to be a great guy and resource so when anything else comes up interesting I'll let you all know.

I just got back home from a short vacation and while away didn't get a chance to get online. Didn't mind tho... time away is always good.
I've been playing with it for the last week. It's fun to watch it in action. The rubber suspension boots were shot so I ordered a set from Professor-bizzt on ebay. It is missing one of the foot pads as described by the seller so instead of spending my life searching for one I ordered a set of isolation feet from England. I will have to drill and tap the borehole to fit. The hardest part is figuring out the screw size. So far it appears to be M6 fine. (M6 x .50?) I'm still trying to figure out the pitch of the screw. (differential calculus must be easier than determining a screw size) Thanks again.

Attachments

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
See if this helps:

View attachment US-and-Metric-Thread-Sizes.pdf

Metric screws length is shown in millimeters. Another interesting tidbit about metric fasteners is threads per inch are not used - just pitch. One can figure out how many threads per unit of measurement there are from the pitch if desired.

The table looks real nice - good job and can't wait to hear about how it performs.

frhodes

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Phase Linear 8000 Update

Took the tt apart and, after removing the tonearm carriage, found that the piston holding the spring on the right side was frozen. Applied a little reel oil, exercised it, and it now moves up and down freely. Put it back together and found the up/down on the tonearm not working properly. Took it back apart completely, re-adjusted the gears, put it back together and now working perfectly. Waiting for the new custom isolation feet. This is a VERY BIG turntable. I now have to figure out how to build a proper shelf. Too much fun. Love to just watch it in action.

Attachments

frhodes

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Phase linear 8000

Phase Linear final tweak. Adjusted lead in cue and cleaned all dust off inside and circuit board. Works fantastic.
What a fun, fun machine.

Attachments

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Turn those lights down low and suck in the glow from the meters and display lights. That turntable fits in with the rest of your beautiful components.

I have a Mitsubishi LT-30 linear tracking turntable, but the Phase Linear 8000 has that silver finish and sleek demeanor I adore.

Nando.