OFC wire

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I know why I think. What do others think. I want to see if I am right. I could be wrong.

I haven't done this. I don't have any. Check the resistance of OFC new and just copper. Then check the resistance of new and old OFC and see if there is a difference.

Larry

PS let me know your findings.

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
No facts on this one, but tend to think most of these kind of things are to seperate fools from their cash...

My mind of thinking is to use quality cable and connectors and get on with life.... I think connector selection is more important than the cable for most things. Ha, it's early so maybe I am not thinking just yet!

Robert

speakerman1

Tagline
Copper will corrode. W/O oxygen it can't. Oxygen has very little resistance. Over time even in the insulation you may get more resistance. Copper still isn't the best conductor. If it makes you feel better than by all means use it. Was something I have been thinking about. Your mileage may vary.

Larry

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
I'm using bulk 16/4 direct burial cable for bi-wire at the moment. It's OFC and not very expensive at all.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
speakerman1 said:
Wanna borrow some cables. LOL Real cheap. They are bi-wires. Little bigger than 16 ga. LMBO

Larry
Thanks but no need No need. I have bi-wire cables the size of garden hoses in my closet.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Because they are too hard to work with, and it not super important to me. The only thing I usually get out of spending more money on wire is less money in my pocket.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Almost all speaker wire today is made from OFC, so it doesn't oxidize, but that doesn't mean it sounds any better. :cyclops: Heck I use network cable and it sounds great to me. :joker:

speakerman1

Tagline
Web Police said:
Almost all speaker wire today is made from OFC, so it doesn't oxidize, but that doesn't mean it sounds any better. :cyclops: Heck I use network cable and it sounds great to me. :joker:
LMBO Web made a funny. Or were you serious?

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
I have to cut my bi-wires down to get them not as long to the speakers. According to Vandersteen. I like the path of least resistance theory. That is how I was taught.

Larry