Not like anyone here needs it but it's a fixer Yamaha CA-1000...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
These things are HEAVY, 1973 construction is the name of the game.

I paid a small fortune for it from a TH member years ago and one day it just up and quit me.

Sokay, $30 and actual shipping, CHEAP, Pictures in a few minutes, have to go snap them.

Back in a minute.

orange

Tagline
PIX...remember U FIXIT.

Attachments

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
I looked at it last night and figured out it was switched to UNCOUPLED, and then are any fuses blown. The main fuse looked fine, but the pilot lamp at the power switch wouldn't light. If I plug something into the back outlets that might also tell me something.

orange

Tagline
Just as I was typing that we had a huge storm blow through and I shut all the power to my computers down, after all I just got all this stuff firmly into the 21st century and post 2006...it was nasty, hail and about an hour of thunder and lightning...most of the radio stations were bumped off the air even though several just had empty carriers.

Whee. We'll try this again.

orange

Tagline
Surprise, Surprise! We have AC from the unswitched rear outlet and my Realistic SCT-30 lit up like a Christmas tree!

Well, that's a lemon meringue pie!

orange

Tagline
No filling though, still no sound.

orange

Tagline
See, I'm trying to empty some of the shed and still make something toward food and fixing bikes etc. and I just don't want to look like a ---- about it. I don't feel like donating a Yamaha integrated like this to science but if you post this on Craigslist some moron will send your ass to Siberia in about two seconds. Makes your entire hobby seem like crap instantly.

orange

Tagline
I connected an RCA stereo pair whatever is is that needed to be bridged back there and tried it with one speaker, nada. Maybe I need to use two. I just woke up folks. I think I've spent three or so years on this integrated, have a thread on it and just am stubborn, it could just be above my pay grade and I have to find the scope probes and remember what I need to do anyway.

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
These are nice units. The main problem we see are blown fuses on one of the amp driver boards. This is caused by two disintegrating "CLASS A" microswitches mounted behind the front panel, visible in your .jpg2. They are supposed to lower the power supplies in Class A mode, but when they crumble, they create power that the outputs cannot tolerate. The other problem these have are intermittent feed thrus in the rear jack board, which is actually fairly accessible. Once you put $30 in parts into it you can sell it for a minimum of $250. Don't dump it. I can give you something for it in broken condition, or help you fix it.

orange

Tagline
Go for it. You'll respect it in the morning, unlike Craigslisters.

Hell, Craig would respect it more than that.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
It's packed now. You can have fun with it. Insomnia is a good thing sometimes.

orange

Tagline
SOLD SOLD SOLD to the Doctor of Nak. :wav::santa: