New PL400 Caps

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Just updated the standard PL400 Cap kit that we have offered for years. I did a custom run on 15KuF/100V capacitors in a 40mmD x 102mmL case size. Cap temp rating is 105C vs the 85C which is standard. Ripple current is 8A minimum. Life is 2K hours minimum at 105C/8A ripple current (these are very harsh operating conditions, far from the typical PL usage)

Pics attached. I will be updating the website with new lower pricing over the weekend. 400 Caps New C.JPG

Attachments

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
I put in a set of these over the weekend and will agree, perfect fit, easy install and best of all so much higher quality sound over the stockers. A great product again, Thanks Gepetto!

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
Just updated the standard PL400 Cap kit that we have offered for years. I did a custom run on 15KuF/100V capacitors in a 40mmD x 102mmL case size. Cap temp rating is 105C vs the 85C which is standard. Ripple current is 8A minimum. Life is 2K hours minimum at 105C/8A ripple current (these are very harsh operating conditions, far from the typical PL usage)
Hey Joe,
Will the new PL400 caps fit the early model 400 with the chassis mount brackets (no aluminum cradle)?

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Hey Joe,
Will the new PL400 caps fit the early model 400 with the chassis mount brackets (no aluminum cradle)?

Yes, brackets available or use the originals. 2 Kit versions available. Only difference is band clamp vs hold down plate.

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
Hey Joe,

Yes, brackets available or use the originals. 2 Kit versions available. Only difference is band clamp vs hold down plate.
Got it, thanks.....I expanded the first picture and answered my own question!