New Forum Section for donor units whole or parts

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Folks if you would review the last few posts of" What are you doing today" i have presented some ideas I would like your feedback on. Tell us in this thread what ya think.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Re: New Forum Section

Lee: Good idea! I'm on board for a dedicated sub-forum for donor units. And I'm willing to also look in Innovative Audio's parts inventory for parts or accessories members may need for their vintage components. I looked for feet for Robert's PL-518 turntable when I was last at IA, but unfortunately didn't find one, much less four.

Nando.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP

I certainly support another section for parts and orphans. We have enough techs here to support just about any repair on any piece of gear. I only own a couple things right now that could be put in section:
B.I.C. T-1 2-speed cassette deck
(?) 1 of the Marantz 2270's
(?) Nak BX-300
2 Luxman K-112's

Of course, like Jim finding that Yamaha receiver at the swap meet, Tucson has treasures too.

:?: Should it be in two parts? One to list avaliable units/parts, and one for wants?? :?:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline

Guys that's why I brought it up, while I'm fishin I'll let you work out all the details.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline

No just got in from work Jer. Long hot one, but we are putting 600 bbls water per day back in the ground at 7,805 ft below surface, AND the two wells that were waiting on this are now back running. 40 more bbls oil back on line.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights

I have donors already. Boat anchors and such. LOL In the summer time it is hard for me to stay inside and fix things. Every free minute I'm out side.

Larry

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman

I like the idea of having a place to scavage parts from. However, no broken stuff at the moment to contribute. To my surprise, somehow I managed to fix it all.....

Robert

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased

I support a parts donor/wanted forum. The big need, however, is for the wanted posts to expire or get deleted when the part is found.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP

nakdoc said:
I support a parts donor/wanted forum. The big need, however, is for the wanted posts to expire or get deleted when the part is found.
I second that, after a set date, like 60 days they get delete if no responce, and of course , us all being friends, they can repost after the delete and start the search again, that would push it up on a Google search too.

How about a tag like some forums have, just to the left of the 'Post a Reply/Thread' box, you have the option of 'For Sale' or 'Wanted' or 'Trade' that the OP could select. Then they or the moderator could change it to 'Sold' when the deal is done. Or just delete the post... That's some work for a mod. Or should it just stay in the forum section with 'Sold' on it for lurkers and future members to access forever??

styx

Journeyman
I have a stack of decks in the basement that need to be worked on, which I know I'll never get to.....so might as well contribute them to the cause.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Maybe we should all have a crossreferencing session.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
what I mean is we should make some smaller lists of need, say about 15 units/parts tops and try to work though those, then leave the remainder up and go though another.

We can leave them for all but I suppose members who leave for whatever reason might have to have their units pulled and for that they need to be CRes, such as through Excel.

This is a lot different than the Phoenix trading post.