NEW DESIGN PREAMP AVAILABLE, NO DISTORTION, VERY LOW NOISE

GeorgeP

Journeyman
Hi "Listeners",
I have completed the new design preamp. It Mimics the Phase Linear 2000, but much better in many ways. See attached Preliminary Info Specification write-up, schematics, waveforms, and a short video clip playing a record.
1. Super low distortion "RF Type" op-amps. .000015% THD
2. Super Low noise.
3. Minimal switches in signal path.
4. Separate tone controls for each channel, and turnover choice.
5. FOUR CHANNELS...The rear channels have an analog processing circuit to recover the AMBIENCE signals for the two rear channels.

If anyone is interested in building it as a kit, let me know and I'll order enough boards.
Boards will be "paneled" with perforation holes to separate the boards easily. The just file the edges.
Boards on Panel:
1. Main Assy with active circuits and controls.
2. Rear Assembly with Phono jacks.
3. Power Supply board.
4. Precision Peak detector and display board.
5. Dual 10Watt/channel Power amplifiers, 4 channels total.
6. A separate 3 second MUTE delay on turn-on Assembly, two boards included. You can use them on other preamps. This circuit is already on the Main PCB for this preamp, but I added it to the panel in case anyone wants to add it to other projects. It comes for free to fill the space.
So... six circuit cards on one Panel for $300, to make up one preamp.
I'll supply the parts list for free, and also offer a kit of parts to populate One preamp. Each ASSY will have a separate parts list. Price to be determined...getting small bags to put parts in with labels and reference designations for easy assembly. Yes, 75% is surface mount, but ok for anyone with a good soldering station and Technical skills. smallest sizes are 1206, SOIC, Sot-23 type parts. Most film types are through hole.
The overall housing... not yet set-up for production, I drilled out one as you see in the attachments. I can supply the part number for the blank chassis I used, if you want to drill it out yourself. I will provide a drawing in the near future, and also a pre-drilled chassis later TBD. Steel Chassis was about $60.00.

Send e-mail to ab2kc@optonline.net if you are interested. If and when I receive 10 interested parties, I'll order the boards. Bringing back Heathkit, Dynaco, and Hafler kit building activities again. So... look at the document's, and see if this is a project you can do?
All subassemblies are connectorized...so each assembly can be separately tested.
I will probably set it up on EBAY as buy it now for this project.
Comments here please...and e-mail. The mp4 file is a short 15 second video clip of the preamp playing a vinyl record... recorded on my phone! Check out the precision Peak reading displays. The internal 10W stereo power amplifiers driving bookshelf speakers on the bench.

Attachments