NEW COMPUTER

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Gave up in the dying iMac, and went down to the Surplus Exchange. There they were, half a dozen Transource computers, all tested and with warranty: $45 a pop. It seems they had been made to US govt. specs, and had been loaded with Windows 7, now removed. My visiting friend loaded Ubuntu (free) and tweaked it.

Intel i3 3.07 gigahertz, 4 gigs of RAM and 250 gigs on the hard drive.

Goodbye to spinning beach/bitch balls.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
The last time I updated Mint I got the surprise of it telling my the boot partition was full...so unless I reload I've got a messed up computer unless I can figure out how to revert. This probably affects my nephew's computer as well as I've told them how to update.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
The last time I updated Mint I got the surprise of it telling my the boot partition was full...so unless I reload I've got a messed up computer unless I can figure out how to revert. This probably affects my nephew's computer as well as I've told them how to update.
Too bad that you live so far from the Surplus Exchange...but in all the years I've gone there, this is my first computer purchase there.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I get most of them for ZERO DOLLARS.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Congrats on the new machine, Laz. I started again dabbling with Linux workstations myself. Still quirky but for an old "geek" like me that's the fun challenge about it, and yep, it's free too LOL. :study::toothy3::cheers: