Need Help With Gmail!

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Are there any Gmail technicians out there???
I created a .biz account in Gmail just for fun. When I saw the monthly cost $21.60), I decided not to go forward with their "Recommended Plan" but there is no exit from that Google Workspace Accounts page. This one:
https://workspace.google.com/u/0/checkout/plan
So I just exited the tab and then tried to logon to my regular Gmail account and it took me back to the accounts page.

Nothing I try can get me back into my regular Gmail account. I even tried to create an new user email address. I was able to do this but when I went to sign in, straight back to the accounts page.

Help!

74sdta

Journeyman
Check to make sure that you are logged out of the account in Chrome - little profile icon in top right corner of browser.
1705800140884.png

Also, the regular (personal email) is mail.google.com and the other is workspace.google.com.

Dnspy007

New Around These Parts
I am not signed in, the login page defaults to "Person 2" and when I type mail.google.com in manually, the URL automatically changes to https://accounts.google.com/v3/signin/challenge/pwd?

I think it sees my IP address. Can I tunnel through a virtual web page or use a proxy or even a VPN?
All google accounts are linked. You will have to cancel the business account...."Person 2"

This may be helpful try going here..
https://knowledge.workspace.google.com/kb/cancel-google-workspace-subscription-000006151

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
Consider Firefox. I have no affiliation, other than I've used it as long as I can remember.
I'll second that Firefox suggestion. Also Duck Duck Go as your default search engine. I have an old personal gmail account and use it to access a calendar for scheduling one of our venues but that's it. To hell with Google.

mlucitt

Dnspy007

New Around These Parts
Click on the 1. sign to the Admin console (Blue letters)

Should take to your google account to log in....

It will say Google wants to make sure it's really you trying to access admin.google.com.

So, you will have to sign in, then you should be able to follow those steps to cancel workspace account...

mlucitt

I tried the link in the instructions above but the "almighty Google" still took me to the accounts page which requires me to send them money for an account that does not exist and I do not want.

I am back online with my original email address by downloading the Firefox browser, deleting Gmail and Google Chrome. Then when I installed Firefox, I typed in https://gmail.com and it was a fresh link to my email account. I had to do 3rd party authentication (using a text message on my phone), but it worked and now I am back. Funny thing though, my account shows that it is full "15GB of 15GB available" and I cannot send emails until I purchase more storage space. I ended up deleting all my emails that were older than 2019, so now I am at 9GB.

I sure must have pissed off someone at Google.

Dnspy007

New Around These Parts
Sorry that didn't help Brother, The way I read it seemed like it might be some help. Have you tried customer service, It states you can talk to a human . If you still feel like messing with it....

Quick Modes to Speak to a Human at Google Support:

Connect Over the Phone Call: Users can directly speak to a human at Google after dialing their phone number, which is 24/7 accessible across the world. The response time of a Google representative is rapid if you follow the proper IVR menu after making a call Google customer service number as given below:

• Dial Google phone number 1-866-2-Google (1-866-246-6453) / +1 (650) 955-6653 from your phone.
  • Choose a language option by pressing any key.
  • For account regarding information, press a key.
  • For information on Google products or services, press a preferred key.
  • Press # to speak to someone at Google support team.