My C1 is out of inputs, need more.....

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
My C1 is out of inputs and I don't have enough inputs. I have 2 tape decks, 2 turn tables, a CD player, a tuner, and an XM receiver. I still want to hook up another tape deck, a tablet/laptop, I plan on eventually adding a video projector, and it would be nice to have 1 or 2 extras for what ever comes down the road later. What are you guys using to expand inputs into these pre amps?

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
How about a dbx 400 or 400x, Roccus? I see on on the bay right now for around 80.00 which isn't a bad deal. You can go tape switching happy there, and you really don't have to do a full hookup for the other components - except for the phonos of course.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
How about a dbx 400 or 400x, Roccus? I see on on the bay right now for around 80.00 which isn't a bad deal. You can go tape switching happy there, and you really don't have to do a full hookup for the other components - except for the phonos of course.
Yes thinking along those lines looking at this maybe modified?... 3 deck in and outs would be excellent, wonder if some of those noise reduction and sound processer jacks could be wired just for input and everything go through the line out then line in would cover the recording....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/dbx-Progra...444943?hash=item2f46180fcf:g:um4AAOSwgc5fAIKb

62vauxhall

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
DBX 200 route selectors are like DBX 400's but without lit indicators so are or should be cheaper. I've acquired 3 of them for multiple, multiple tape recorders. And they have a processor loop for an external device.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I use a trio of routers in my system: dbx 400X, dbx 200 and Pioneer U-24. Because my preamp - a Pioneer Elite C-72 - has two tape loops, I daisy-chained the two dbx routers then run to Tape 1 loop of the preamp. The U-24 router is used for Tape 2 loop. On the dbx routers, you can use the processor inputs/outputs for other RCA sources (except phono), but then you lose the flexibility of dubbing from those sources to other equipment wired into the router through the same tape loop.

DSC03313_zpsyrkcnqhz.jpg

I almost need a cheat-sheet to figure out all the different combinations.

Also, I have a 16 input/output router set aside for a future system rework.

9490d0ed-3156-4bd2-a7fb-b713387cc91a_zpsjpyra6hh (3).png

Nando.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
A blender would be cool, it's the only kitchen appliance that will drown out a WOPL :) (Full Of Ice).....
I can just put a cup of ice on the walpo, crank it up, wait about 20 minutes, then I can make a nice hot cup of tea.... :p

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I use a trio of routers in my system: dbx 400X, dbx 200 and Pioneer U-24. Because my preamp - a Pioneer Elite C-72 - has two tape loops, I daisy-chained the two dbx routers then run to Tape 1 loop of the preamp. The U-24 router is used for Tape 2 loop. On the dbx routers, you can use the processor inputs/outputs for other RCA sources (except phono), but then you lose the flexibility of dubbing from those sources to other equipment wired into the router through the same tape loop.

"I almost need a cheat-sheet to figure out all the different combinations." lol I look at my set up and wonder how the surviving family will ever figure it out... the most complicated thing any of them can hook up is a headphone to an iphone
I think I will end up getting a dbx 2 or 400, pretty sure I can make one do what want.....

Nando.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
db Systems that one man great sounding electronics manufacturer makes one with 4-5 inputs. I have an older one and use it when needed. Newer one I think has the extra input. Great unit since at one time I was switching LOMC signals into a phono pre with very good results.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I can't quite make out the model number of the kramer you used I looked at about 7 or 8 kramer stuff on ebay and everything I saw had a crap load of outputs but I need inputs.. model numbers would sure make things easier to research or check out..... same would go for db systems

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
Mines a 5x5 five in and five out.

Some are routers with one or two in and many out- (1x5 or 2x5 for example)

Usually balanced audio but can work with single ended and I’ve seen single ended (RCA jacks) model ones as well.

I paid $50 for mine- 5 balanced audio circuits and five BNC video circuits which can follow or be routed independently.