Music

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
What OS/computer model are you trying to host this drive on?

Is this a USB external drive?

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I have a dell laptop that has had some work done to it. I'm running XP pro. The HD is usb supported. It has a Hitachi HD. It just won't pick it up. I tried it on the office computer also. To no avail.

Larry

speakerman1 said:
I have a dell laptop that has had some work done to it. I'm running XP pro. The HD is usb supported. It has a Hitachi HD. It just won't pick it up. I tried it on the office computer also. To no avail.

Larry

I had "blue screen of death" problems with my internal Hitachi hd. I Thought I'd lost 177 gigs of music and most every picture of my daughter(or anything else) for the past two years. I DL'd a disc for the Hitatchi website and it'd been running ever since.

BTW, I'd like to get in on the HD thang.

gamve

Journeyman
The drive was done using Esata transfer using XP pro. (drive has both USB and Esata capability) It probably did not survive the post. Bugger. By all means share it around. If Larry's is buggered see if Stuwee's works. Best idea is to get yourself a 1TB or larger internal drive and make yourself a full copy. If both drives are buggered I will get another one out to you guys.

speakerman1

Tagline
I bought another enclosure. It recognized the enclosure; but not the disk. I went into admin and it said it was foreign and I imported and it worked. There is some good stuff on here for sure.

Yes Graham I have stuff here that isn't on the it. What do we do buy a 2TR HD. LMAO

gamve

Journeyman
speakerman1 said:
I bought another enclosure. It recognized the enclosure; but not the disk. I went into admin and it said it was foreign and I imported and it worked. There is some good stuff on here for sure.

Yes Graham I have stuff here that isn't on the it. What do we do buy a 2TR HD. LMAO
2TB sounds like a plan. Gee I'm glad you got it to work. Enjoy

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
:blob4: :binky: :blob7: stu's works, Dale made a suicide plug, power, check, tunes, check! I guess windows is a diff thing, anyhoo, it's just too cool, a work of love, much appreciated, if the RIAA comes to my door, piss off hehe

Craig (not my real name)

speakerman1

Tagline
It is a great treat for sure. The Grados are working hard with things I never heard before. I love it. LOL I'm glad yours works. I must not have been holding my mouth right. Thanks again for a nice toy you know who you are.
Larry