Mitsubishi LT-5V Linear Tracking TT issue

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Well, when Dan and I picked this up, it was supposed to be dead. The tonearm was flopping around but I opened it up and the trolley system string was undone. I put it back on correctly and voila, everything works

BUT

When I hit play, the tonearm just tracks to the end of the record. After researching for a few hours, I tracked down that this uses photo sensing lights to determine position of the tonearm in conjunction with the record size so it appears that one of the lights is blown. I found that it uses a total of (5) 3mm x 7mm lights in this sensing setup. 3 in one area and also two for the centering of the tonearm. Anybody ever worked on something like this? I did attempt to adjust the lead in adjustment screw but it had no effect even though I could feel it turning either way so the light is the issue

Here is a vid of it in motion after I fixed the tonearm issue

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v514/maxwedge426/DSCF9930_zpsqger3m0o.mp4

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
This is VERY helpful...only two types by part number!

elecrical parts list.jpg

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Thanks Steven, I will probably just flip the TT on AK unless someone here wants it. I am not interested in keeping it even remotely. It's cool but I am not looking to have a conversation piece laying around unused. Looks like it needs very little ( dustcover and the lamps). Everything functions smoothly otherwise