Marantz TT-530/P-mount cartridge Interchangeable?

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
Picked up my first linear tracking turntable over the weekend. P-mount cartridge - didn't even check what it is yet/ has an extra stylus.

Not much info on this TT out there. Anyone know - can you replace the cartridge or is the one that comes with it proprietary?

Didn't realize you really can't set tracking force or mounting. Not looking for this TT to be my regular - just an interim TT while others are being repaired.

Sounds OK, not dynamic though.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
As linear-trackers go, it's mediocre, and resembles many other models. Don't form an opinion on the basis of this, as there are some great linear-trackers out there, and great T4P cartridges as well.

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Just picked this up as a back up TT while working on my Duals. It was NIB, just wanted something to play - never had a linear tracking before - thought it would be fun to play with.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Picked up my first linear tracking turntable over the weekend. P-mount cartridge - didn't even check what it is yet/ has an extra stylus.

Not much info on this TT out there. Anyone know - can you replace the cartridge or is the one that comes with it proprietary?

Didn't realize you really can't set tracking force or mounting. Not looking for this TT to be my regular - just an interim TT while others are being repaired.

Sounds OK, not dynamic though.
You can use any T4P *P-Mount cartridge you like, they are PLUG AND PLAY as Microsoft always says, no muss and no fuss. There are adapters to use them on standard mount arms as well.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
You can use any T4P *P-Mount cartridge you like, they are PLUG AND PLAY as Microsoft always says, no muss and no fuss. There are adapters to use them on standard mount arms as well.
The T4P standard specifies geometry and weight, so that theoretically you can roll them like tubes. Some do miss the standard, but on a linear-tracker there is absolutely NO fiddling with null points, geometry, and protractors. No PITA on my direct-drive linear-tracking T4P Sony, and that's not make believe...