Marantz 2226 Help

eminence1963

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
20140624_180613.jpg
Have this Marantz for awhile and want to hook up a power amp to the preouts. Notice there is no strap between the pre and pwr. How does Marantz do this without a jumper? Yes it works without the jumper in place.
Never came across a receiver that did not have a jumper in place. This one has worked forever without the jumper in place. I am not the original owner, so that does not mean that maybe some fool did something inside to make this work.
Does Marantz have an auto switch function built inside maybe?
There is no switch up on the front panel to engage or disengage the built in amp. This should be straight forward for you Marantz owners out there.
Maybe you could look at your owners manuals to see what's up for me? I did look on the WWW for an owners manual but there is not one out there. Just the service and the service manual does not explain this at all.
Thanks

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Where's catrafter when ya need him. He's the Marantz Guru.

It wouldn't be all that hard to parallel a set of outputs coming off the pre amp section....at least their gear would work even in the hands of someone who didn't have a clue...

eminence1963

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
Doing a little research on the WWW led me to a not so forward answer...... Some of the Marantz units have an auto switch function some did not!!!!!! Basically they say to try it.
And blow up a perfectly good amp? I don't think so.:confused5:

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Doing a little research on the WWW led me to a not so forward answer...... Some of the Marantz units have an auto switch function some did not!!!!!! Basically they say to try it.
And blow up a perfectly good amp? I don't think so.:confused5:
Most preamps are low impedance emitter follower type outputs (like 50 ohms) that will easily drive the power amp inside this receiver in addition to several other external input loads (that are typically 47K ohms).

eminence1963

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
Update

Hooked up the Carver to power the Klipsh turned it on and no magic smoke.
Now when the wife is not home tomorrow will see how more power than that Marantz can put out will sound like on these Klipsh.
When I was playing them with the Marantz and the speakers placed in the corners they sounded very good. I did move them out of the corners and the bass was not as noticeable as being placed in the corner.
I need a bigger house with a basement:angry1: