Looking For A Program......I Think....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Is there a spreadsheet program ( or some other) that allows you to scan a blank form , and then use your keyboard to type characters and letters onto the scanned form?? I am trying to fill out some IRS forms and use my keyboard to enter the info instead of writing the info in by hand. No, I threw my type writers away years ago...

Thanks guys..

R1200S

Journeyman
Tagline
Smoke and mirrors baby!
You might try searching for the form on the IRS site and seeing if you can fill in the blanks there and then print it off. Worth a shot.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I did find it on the IRS site, found the download and print form, but didn't notice an overtly "add text" version. I'll look a little closer..

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Sounds like you found what you need...... The IRS has some PDF files which allow you to enter data and then save and also print them with the data. You may have to update your Adobe PDF reader to allow the entry feature to work.

With oil under $40 they should be paying you!

Robert

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Yes, they have fillable forms.....but not the one I need to file. Found pdffiller.com , but they want 75.00 a year. They have a monthly option with "auto-renewal", i get real suspicious of those, the "cancel auto-renewal" instructions get hard to find.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Lee, if you have a scanner that uses software with OCR (optical character recognition) then you ought to be able to scan it as an editable text document and use your word processor to fill it in.

Or you can just get someone with better handwriting to fill it in and sign off.

PS OCR is as old as your first well, it's a common feature.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Use Adobe Reader if you have it or download it. The open the tax document pdf file and go to the tools typewriter option and then you should be able to type text into the form and save it and or print it.

mudshark

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
LOWTECH REDNECK
I agree ..... just another government fee to help fill the coffers .... they never take their hands out of our pockets