La Scala's......identify how old?

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
Looking at a pair of LaScala's with roached out cabinets. Wondering if anybody can identify how old they could be and what to expect the condition of the drivers could be? I would have to build cabinets anyway so does it make more sense just to build Crites copies with new drivers and crossovers?

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ele/5868806442.html

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
We're they in a fire?? You can determine the age by the serial number and a visit to Klipsch's website...

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Looking at a pair of LaScala's with roached out cabinets. Wondering if anybody can identify how old they could be and what to expect the condition of the drivers could be? I would have to build cabinets anyway so does it make more sense just to build Crites copies with new drivers and crossovers?

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ele/5868806442.html
Damn, I paid $1100 for a cherry set with 1 blown tweeter diaphragm ($29)... Those cabs can be refinished. Rebuild the crossovers or replace em... Some guys will but the old crossovers. $1700 will get you a perfect set of CornScala's. I think the LaScala's are only rated for 100 wpc continuous or there abouts.

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
Thanks Sniff.....never realized the specs on the LaScalla were only 100 watt continuous. What do the Cornscala's allow continuous?

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Thanks Sniff.....never realized the specs on the LaScalla were only 100 watt continuous. What do the Cornscala's allow continuous?
Bob Crites said 150 continuous on my 3 ways. But, being like 106db @ 1 watt/1 meter, 30 watts will put you hair on end (if you have any left after the builds)... :)