KYOCERA DA-310CX (1986/1987)

Tagline
---
we were hauling some stuff from the house to GOODWILL about a week-odd back, downsizing for our move and all, and i get this nagging feeling to go on in and have a quick look around.
usually, my local GW only ever puts nothing but pure crap on the floor in their electronics section, but that evening i walked in,
and actually see something that appeared to be quite special, for once. and for just under $10.00, i just could not resist;

- i didn't really need it or anything, but those looks i just couldn't say no to. it seems that KYOCERA models in general are rather unappreciated gems,
as this DA-310CX example of mine suffered no tray issues at all upon my initial power up, was incredibly quiet and smooth mechanically,
and played any of several CD-Rs i arbitrarily plucked out of my collection without the slightest difficulty.

all this, and the DA-310CX was KYOCERA's entry level CDP for 1986/1987. if a BOTL model in this company's line is this bulletproof,
i can only imaging thay their best models must surely be like!! simply amazing, and quite recommended, if you can find one...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Excellent work! It's a beauty!

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Nice find! Always intrigued by Kyocera's style and presentation.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
What sorts of mods did you do, Tasuke?

Those panels are looking SWEET!

Tagline
---
nothing electrical. what you see there is what you get, actually; several packages worth of self-adhesive"SUPER SLIDERS" thick felt pads from WALLY-WORLD,
some liberal application of cable ties, to clean up internal appearances, (HAUTE COUTURE HI-FI)
and a set of large rubber isolator feet from a beat-up 1975 KENWOOD KD-1033 TT i had rescued from the recyclers some years ago.
one of the four feet had to have a corner shaved some to fit into it's place properly, but it all ended up working out beautifully, IMHO.

all in all, absolutely nothing likely to improve practical performance in any real way, all merely minor tweaks meant to tidy up and impart a more lavish, high-end sort of look and feel upon the player...

Last edited: