Kenwood TRIO TK-60

30Weight

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Stopped to visit a friend yesterday.He pulled the Kenwood and a Marantz 2250B out of his basement,"gifted" them to me for $10 apiece......I figured they were worth that much in parts.Neither function currently.The Kenny even has the original 2 tone top cover,an etched faceplate model from about '66,and all the knobs and trim are present and intact.I like those old Kennys,have a TK-140X I've been carting around since the early '70s and a KA-4000 I finished awhile back.2 boards are smoked on the Kenny,ash residue from a long gone disaster still on the boards.I'll have to find a service manual and do an autopsy on it,already found a couple of bulged 'lytic caps.....I know there are others lurking.Mouser's gonna love me.

The Marantz is missing a channel amp board,that will be a challenge to locate,and the output transistors for that bank.A broken monitor switch and the input fuse housing is broken.....someone savaged it in the past.Otherwise it's intact.
.....the fun never stops.

P1010014.jpg P1010013.jpg P1010016.jpg P1010017.jpg P1010018.jpg

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Stopped to visit a friend yesterday.He pulled the Kenwood and a Marantz 2250B out of his basement,"gifted" them to me for $10 apiece......I figured they were worth that much in parts.Neither function currently.The Kenny even has the original 2 tone top cover,an etched faceplate model from about '66,and all the knobs and trim are present and intact.I like those old Kennys,have a TK-140X I've been carting around since the early '70s and a KA-4000 I finished awhile back.2 boards are smoked on the Kenny,ash residue from a long gone disaster still on the boards.I'll have to find a service manual and do an autopsy on it,already found a couple of bulged 'lytic caps.....I know there are others lurking.Mouser's gonna love me.

The Marantz is missing a channel amp board,that will be a challenge to locate,and the output transistors for that bank.A broken monitor switch and the input fuse housing is broken.....someone savaged it in the past.Otherwise it's intact.
.....the fun never stops.

View attachment 16865 View attachment 16866 View attachment 16867 View attachment 16868 View attachment 16869
PM catrafter for Marantz parts. He's a Marantz guru that lives in Billings Mt. Tom is his name, good man and a gifted fabricator and tech.
I had a Kenny KA 5002 integrated, what a phono section...

30Weight

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Thanks for the tip,I'll PM him regarding the Marantz.I might end up building a Frankenamp,depending on how interchangeable Marantz parts are,and their availability.Think I'll start with the TRIO 1st.Replace all the components on the smoked boards,filter caps and the output transistors.See if that revives it.

Not much info out there on the WWW regarding the TK-60,seems to be a rare one.25wpc into 8 ohms is about all the info I've found on specs.Did find a service manual for it tho,currently having issues with PAINPAL so that might have to wait for resolution before I order it.I like the "tube amp" look of it,like it was caught in the middle between the shift from tubes to transistors.It's built like an old tube amp.Solid chassis (no chassis flex/cracked solder joints),lots of component leads soldered directly together.Wires running everywhere.The two-tone color scheme grabs me too,sure is different.