Kenwood KA-9100

Pacific 48

New Around These Parts
Hello, I need a Volume/ Balance control Part Number R24-9004-05 for a ka9100 the back pots have a open connection, tried to fix with silver paint still no contact someone must have a part somewhere?

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
Oh, damn. That is not an easy part to find.

I believe it was used on other high end Kenwoods but not sure which. (I have a 9100)

there’s a parts unit on eBay but it is missing that among other parts.

I contacted the seller to see if I could get the bottom sheet metal if the winner doesn’t want it.

Pacific 48

New Around These Parts
thanks jim i saw that too, i sent a reply from my phone but i guess you didnt get it sorry about that, I'll keep looking someone on this planet has it on the shelve or someone can make it in china

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I believe that was/is a Bourns stepped attenuator- first use of one in a main-stream component too I believe. Pretty sick for 1977.

Pacific 48

New Around These Parts
Yeah and pretty crappy to try and find anything to replace it it's disconnected right at the rivet, tried silver paint, adding a spring where it broke the connection from the rivet still reading 82k but will not pass audio to the control at that point, lets put a giant knob on it so it can break? volume .there has got to be one sitting on some bench not being used?
do the Chinese make copies of controls? anyone had experience with custom made variable controls made up?
in the old days {1972} manufacturers would trip over themselves trying for your business?

J!m

Tagline
BOT
One was sold for parts on the bay recently but it was missing all the hard to get parts, like the volume/balance control and power modules.

You have to keep an eye open or set a listing alert at eBay to catch something like this.

If you bypass the balance control you should be able to find a decent volume replacement until the right part turns up.