Just for you, Kevin...

Zach C.

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Just for You, Kevin.jpg

Not really. I'm just cock blocked on all my other projects this morning, so I took a few minutes to do some rearranging. Took out the CD changer so I could fit the 700B in the rack.

Definitely going to need some fan cooling, and possible a dedicated 20 amp circuit. But...

I said, God Damn!

White Zombie makes good use of dynamics, and the quiet sections really remind you just how damned loud things are when it's kicking. More Human than Human.

Clean, clear, and LOUD!

There is definitely much less cone motion and as a result lower distortion at high volumes with this amp than any other* I have used to drive these arrays. I've noticed this on other speakers, also. *Not that it's a huge number- just a few, actually.

I don't know for sure if it's damping factor, lower beta droop, stiff supply, or whatever, but these amps not only have finesse, but they handle loud transients and bass like no other.

I've got a Behringer EP2500 that will do a head to head with at some point. The Behringer may be getting ready to move into sub duty soon, though. That poor outlaw 7100 just couldn't keep up, even though it's only driving the subs- it's only going to swing so much voltage. May need to build more subs...2*12 was sounding seriously strained when the WOPL shut off for a second. Not sure which, yet

0dB and no fans driving 6R speakers will do that, I guess. :-o

Good stuff!

I've gotta go clean up the yard now...tree damage, and power wash the house- leaves and mud stuck to every side of the house. We were very lucky. A tornado took out the high school my daughter went to about 10 minutes away.

Skynyrd77

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
lost in my own world
View attachment 13843

Not really. I'm just cock blocked on all my other projects this morning, so I took a few minutes to do some rearranging. Took out the CD changer so I could fit the 700B in the rack.

Definitely going to need some fan cooling, and possible a dedicated 20 amp circuit. But...

I said, God Damn!

White Zombie makes good use of dynamics, and the quiet sections really remind you just how damned loud things are when it's kicking. More Human than Human.

Clean, clear, and LOUD!

There is definitely much less cone motion and as a result lower distortion at high volumes with this amp than any other* I have used to drive these arrays. I've noticed this on other speakers, also. *Not that it's a huge number- just a few, actually.

I don't know for sure if it's damping factor, lower beta droop, stiff supply, or whatever, but these amps not only have finesse, but they handle loud transients and bass like no other.

I've got a Behringer EP2500 that will do a head to head with at some point. The Behringer may be getting ready to move into sub duty soon, though. That poor outlaw 7100 just couldn't keep up, even though it's only driving the subs- it's only going to swing so much voltage. May need to build more subs...2*12 was sounding seriously strained when the WOPL shut off for a second. Not sure which, yet

0dB and no fans driving 6R speakers will do that, I guess. :-o

Good stuff!

I've gotta go clean up the yard now...tree damage, and power wash the house- leaves and mud stuck to every side of the house. We were very lucky. A tornado took out the high school my daughter went to about 10 minutes away.
Thank god that tornado missed you. Scary shit!

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I was watching the weather and was concerned about the storms!!!! Glad you did not get hit Zach

Zach C.

Journeyman
Tagline
---
...Glad you did not get hit Zach
Thanks

Thank god that tornado missed you. Scary shit!
You got that right! We had one pass over the house when I was about 6 years old. My mom was having a Tupperware party at the time, so it was me and a house full of screaming women. The house was shaking- I almost shit my pants. But...we were all fine. Took out a three foot diameter tree across the street, which landed on top of two cars- totaled them, of course.

Welcome to the Midwest. Funny how people everywhere grow accustomed to natures likely local threats. Californians take earthquakes in stride just as Floridians take hurricanes.

I wasn't home when the house was shaking yesterday...so we took care of that this morning! The wife came running it..."You're breaking shit!" "So?" I said. Then I got "the look" I was clearing off the shelves, it seems.

WOPL, WOPL, WOPL. (That's what The Hamburglar was saying, BTW.) :mrgreen:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
...I've gotta go clean up the yard now...tree damage, and power wash the house- leaves and mud stuck to every side of the house. We were very lucky. A tornado took out the high school my daughter went to about 10 minutes away.
Hope to God there was no Saturday detention/practices...

That right there was the actual 'God Damn', Zack.

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
Thanks

You got that right! We had one pass over the house when I was about 6 years old. My mom was having a Tupperware party at the time, so it was me and a house full of screaming women. The house was shaking- I almost shit my pants. But...we were all fine. Took out a three foot diameter tree across the street, which landed on top of two cars- totaled them, of course.

Welcome to the Midwest. Funny how people everywhere grow accustomed to natures likely local threats. Californians take earthquakes in stride just as Floridians take hurricanes.

I wasn't home when the house was shaking yesterday...so we took care of that this morning! The wife came running it..."You're breaking shit!" "So?" I said. Then I got "the look" I was clearing off the shelves, it seems.

WOPL, WOPL, WOPL. (That's what The Hamburglar was saying, BTW.) :mrgreen:
Im a Indiana boy also. I watched the woods across from my house leveled about 11 years ago. I had a trailor back then lol. I've had 4 to 5 close calls up here by south bend..

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
How the Hell did I miss this.... I'm so glad ya did that !!!! LOL... Now... Can ya ever listen to them again without the 700 on them ?

kevin

Im my Avatar my speakers look so small.... Your pic shows how big they really are !

Zach C.

Journeyman
Tagline
---
How the Hell did I miss this.... I'm so glad ya did that !!!! LOL... Now... Can ya ever listen to them again without the 700 on them ?
Only if I can get another one with a hotter tranny.

Really though, there's a chance I might swap that out for the 400 I have when I get around to rebuilding it.

I've got a lot of the stuff for the rebuild already...thank you for a sweet deal, Mark Lucitt!

The main reason for that is that damned black box between the speakers. It just feels wrong to listen to Netflix on this system.

Movies are sweet though. Who knows?...too many toys.

kevin

Yea... I got one of Marks 400's to... Now you know why I made such an ass of myself trying to get you to hook them to the 700.. LOL... I KNEW WHAT YOU WERE MISSING I JUST DIDN'T DO A GOOD ENOUGH JOB TELLING YA ABOUT IT !!!! Nobody ..... Would believe how loud and clean those things play with a 700 on them until ya hear it... But Im like you... They get so loud that my sub cant keep up either.. Its a 15 !!! Lee is going to chime in here and say... Thats why ya need a pair of K's... No bass problems with the K's.... And... He is right... The K's are REAL LOUD... and no problem with bass !!!! But I'm like you Zach... I use my stuff for surround !!!! It's just not very often with a wife .... a 11 yea old ... and three dogs in the house that I can listen to ANYTHING at that high volume !!! LOL I like to duck when someone shoots a gun in a movie ... Or .. when something blows up the pictures on the wall shake !!!!

kevin

They do look kinda small in that pic.

I think it's that giant ass subwoofer.

Maybe you should put a CD on it like I did, then everyone will know how big your tools are. :evil4:
Damn..... That would't work... That whole in the middle of the CD is way to small....

Zach C.

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Yea... I got one of Marks 400's to... Now you know why I made such an ass of myself trying to get you to hook them to the 700.. LOL... I KNEW WHAT YOU WERE MISSING I JUST DIDN'T DO A GOOD ENOUGH JOB TELLING YA ABOUT IT !!!! Nobody ..... Would believe how loud and clean those things play with a 700 on them until ya hear it... But Im like you... They get so loud that my sub cant keep up either.. Its a 15 !!! Lee is going to chime in here and say... Thats why ya need a pair of K's... No bass problems with the K's.... And... He is right... The K's are REAL LOUD... and no problem with bass !!!! But I'm like you Zach... I use my stuff for surround !!!! It's just not very often with a wife .... a 11 yea old ... and three dogs in the house that I can listen to ANYTHING at that high volume !!! LOL I like to duck when someone shoots a gun in a movie ... Or .. when something blows up the pictures on the wall shake !!!!
I got the 400 locally, but bought a bunch of stuff off Mark to fix it up with.

Like I said, I'm gonna need more subs. It'll even out the modes anyway. :happy6:

kevin

Huh...is that the kinda shit you guys do in the cave? I wondered...but not that much. :mrgreen:

Calling it "the cave" kinda has some unintentional connotations in this context, I'm guessing.
LMAO... I don't think I have ever been in the cave !