Jer's Digital Cave

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Here's the hookup diagram.. Red is analog, last mile / blue is 96K SP/DIF optical digital. Note the DAC on the end is the preamp..

Digital sources start at soundcard 1, go through EQ and back to digital on soundcard 2, which then feeds the DAC doing preamp duty. Note when at EQ can be recorded to tape. Phono to other tape monitor but play only - no traditional pre/receiver so there is an outboard RIAA preamp. Phono can be recorded to tape, and both phono and tape to digital using soundcard 2.

digsys2014.jpg

Sounds dern snappy-good to me.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bVxbNKhjabs?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Last edited:

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Ey loook.. BIG meterz eh??? :thumbright:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8Dhb8XEV-1c?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Look what I found!!

It's Graham's tape from the traveling guitar tapes!!! Such a superb recording, too! It was in the LX5 for which I hadn't touched in over a year now!

I'd love to share this with you "deckies" out there! Who's interested in seeing this through? Wonderful sounding, and I'll add a couple of my own to it.

20140602_122223.jpg

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Jerry: I would love to have a copy.

I read with interest of your latest digital endeavours. It's going to take me a bit of time to make the plunge into the digital realm for creating my mix tapes, but I sure like what I've heard so far of other members' tapes.

Nando.

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Jerry: I would love to have a copy.

I read with interest of your latest digital endeavours. It's going to take me a bit of time to make the plunge into the digital realm for creating my mix tapes, but I sure like what I've heard so far of other members' tapes.

Nando.
Hey I can also go to flac for those interested.. let me know! Getting the listening area under control now..

jamroom.jpg