It's Derby Day!

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Get out you funny hats! Whip up some mint juleps, place your bets! Who's your pick?

Lot's of money can be won, the last two Derbys had a long shot winning with tri-fectas paying out hundreds of thousands :cheers:

stu picks Santiva #12 for the long shot draw, and Midnight Interlude #15 to place......Trainer Bob Baffert is from AZ and is one of the best out there.

Here's the line up as of this morning.....
http://www.kentuckyderby.com/horses

laatsch84

Journeyman
Don't know much about Derbys but I'll play for fun...my hubby would kill me if I lost any money...I lose enough at bingo as it is :D

my picks: #15 Midnight Interlude for the win...and #7 Pants on fire to place (mainly cause the only women jockey is riding her) :thumbright:

stuwee

That's right we have a lady riding the #7, cool, I hope she places at least!! IIRC, that would be a first :thumbleft:

I love it when a woman plays in a male dominated sport and shows them a thing or two or three :thumbright: :thumbright:

I hope one of the girls wins the Indy 500 this year!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
THE VILLAGE PEOPLE ON DERBY DAY!!!! Stuwee, could it get any better!!???????????

stuwee

laatsch55 said:
THE VILLAGE PEOPLE ON DERBY DAY!!!! Stuwee, could it get any better!!???????????
Hehe, yeah, there'll be a lot of drag queens out, what, with all the bourbon and any excuse to wear a great hat!! 20 mins to post time :D