Incredible Vinyl Collection for Sale - classical, special audiophile, others

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Wow. Almost as wow as the conversation I had with a now-dead older friend who had an uncle in south Georgia somewhere who had a collection even larger - like an entire house full of rooms with four walls of floor-to-ceiling records on shelves and no heirs. The collection ended up going to the dump as John had no idea what to do with it at the time. Or the time I heard that after the afternoon paper bought the morning paper here in town that all of the morning paper's photographic negatives had been tossed to the street for lack of storage space in the combined operation.

Hope someone keeps it whole, but there aren't many people left like this fellow.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Early in my cl stereo collecting days I ran into a gentleman who had the world's largest collection of recorded March music. Cylinders to 78s to LPs, he said about 250,000 pieces along with a nice collection of other recordings. He donated the March music and used the tax write down to cover the sale of the other part of his collection.

I think I recall he donated to the University of North Texas which has an extensive collection but I did not see it itemized in their list of donated collections.

He had records all over the house, but I was only in 2 rooms and a filled garage.

One room has a pair of early 20th century pianos, same well known manufacturer of nice pianos, a few years apart, one a baby grand the other an upright. I asked if they had the same family sound and we talked about that for a bit before I grabbed whatever it was I went to pick up. Interesting conversation with him.