I need car cd player help

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
I'd like to put a aux jack in the front of my car cd player... check this out... can anyone do this

You will need one of these from radio shack.

Part# 274-246 for $2.69

1-Ok now take your radio out of the car.

2-Take the bottom panel off with one screw on the back it will pry off after screw is removed.

3-Now there will be 4 gold screws holding the tape assembly in remove those now the assembly is free.

4-Gently pull the 2 connectors from the motherboard and set unit aside.

5-Now time to remove the the faceplate cable pull it strait up now pull volume knob off and go all the way around and pry the clips off and set faceplate aside.

6- Get a clean rag and set the faceplate face side down remove the screws and pull motherboard off and buttons out.

7-Get your aux port over by the volume area and see how much of the clear piece needs to be ground away do so and drill the hole for it.

8-So now for soldering i used cat 5 network cable solder wires on each connector and shrink wrap each one when done i also put one big piece of shrink tube over the whole outlet.

9- now to wire it up cut the middle of wires 1 is your left and 3 is you right, on the 7 pin connector blue will be #7 for reference and follow this wiring chart.

10- Below is what each wire does on the aux port.

Pin 1 - Ground - connect to the stereo chassis
Pin 2 - Left Channel - wire from tape connector on main circuit board
Pin 3 - Left Channel - wire coming from tape player assembly
Pin 4 - Right Channel - wire coming from tape player assembly
Pin 5 - Right Channel - wire from tape connector on main circuit board

Now it should look like this....

Resized to 58% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlarge

11-Now run the port threw were the faceplate ribbon went and install the port on face and put the face back together and put back on.

12-Plug all the ribbons back in and put the tape player assembly back in and put that one ground wire in between the tape player and main radio frame and sandwich it in there

put all the screws back in and put cover back on should look like this now!

Resized to 58% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlarge

Now you will need a tape in to use your aux port any tape. now enjoy CD quality sound!!!

kevin

I know I could put a real nice CD player in it with a aux input in the front of it but then i would loose my controls on the steering wheel... This is my 2000 model buick grand sport.... lol... i really dont want to change out the CD player

Attachments

kevin

I hope your saying nice job posting the pics Lee.... Cause I sure as hell didn't do this job...LOL... I found where somebody else did it on Buick chat room... I put it here and am asking if someone might want to do this for me !!!!! OR... Knowing the minds on here someone could think of a better way to put a aux jack on this deck....