Hints and Tricks for the new software

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Interesting...

Lost my edit after posting and refreshing...the Quick Reply window cleared though.

Disqus has a similar problem in some version if the page closes without posting or you have to log in and the routine you use does not return you. I have to CUT and paste it when I get back. But that's DISQUS. My local paper reverted last night to the old version after so many complaints about the login routine not working well. They also don't like it if you use Compatibility View as the new version accepts no older than IE 8/9. I haven't looked in today but a lot of the complaints were about constant logins and false success messages/looping login requests and the top line saying YES but being in limbo.

orange

Tagline
I will be sporadic the rest of the night. It's my time to enjoy my crap.

orange

Tagline
Is it ME?

I've been trying to post a new thread with two pictures from my computer (usual Mavica snapshot jpegs) and the attachments routine is freezing on the first upload.

Since this is the third time I've lost my text I'm going to post IT first and then drag the pictures to the attachment window and try again as I see both are there in my files...

orange

Tagline
I got a message that the second picture had a problem or something and then it froze again and after losing my text three times I finally did the text first and since the pictures were in the my cache already I did the drag and drop and they are there now eve if one is sideways because I didn't edit it first.