Hi from Loosyanna (Louisiana)

Ronnie_B

New Around These Parts
New guy here- I first heard a PL 700B playing through some Klipschorns about 50 years ago... Now that I am getting ready to retire I am building a setup based on that memory. A few weeks ago I bought a set of AK5 Khorns and am now working on a PL 700B- might WOPL it or buy one already done (from a member here).

I see several guys on the Shoot 'em Up section, and have a little bit of that stuff- been reloading for about 40 years...

Anyway, this sure looks like a fun place, and hope that I fit in with this crowd (Captain Beyond playing in background). On a related note, today was all about acid and smoke- Cleaning 50+ year old car parts with phosphoric acid, while smoking ribeyes with Mesquite lump charcoal/chips. Life is good!

mr_rye89

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
Welcome! Lee has some highly modified Klipschhorns powered by a WOPL 700 so your in good company. I have a WOPL 400 4 fin powering some modified Altec PA speakers and I just picked up a stock 700B. It sounds inferior to the WOPL 400 IMHO.

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
Damn, you’re checking all the boxes here, Ronnie! Welcome to the real deal website for whatever you’re into….oh, and there are some really amazing people who share what they know about bringing out the best in Phase Linear equipment.

maybe you can start by sharing some of your great Loosyanna BBQ recipes in a new thread…seems a lot of the guys out here like to eat!

Last edited:

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
Welcome Ronnie,
I run a WOPL'd 700b through LaScala AL5's every day.
It is an amazing combo, my "time machine". You are definitely a great fit
here in the forum. Lot's of talent, knowledge, humor, camaraderie.
Enjoy !

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Hey Ronnie, welcome to Phoenix. I also run my WOPL into a set of Klipsch (I have a self built pair of Super Heresy's) and also a pair of Epicure 20+. Rock on!

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
New guy here- I first heard a PL 700B playing through some Klipschorns about 50 years ago... Now that I am getting ready to retire I am building a setup based on that memory. A few weeks ago I bought a set of AK5 Khorns and am now working on a PL 700B- might WOPL it or buy one already done (from a member here).

I see several guys on the Shoot 'em Up section, and have a little bit of that stuff- been reloading for about 40 years...

Anyway, this sure looks like a fun place, and hope that I fit in with this crowd (Captain Beyond playing in background). On a related note, today was all about acid and smoke- Cleaning 50+ year old car parts with phosphoric acid, while smoking ribeyes with Mesquite lump charcoal/chips. Life is good!
welcome aboard....
louisiana boy???
went to college with a ronnie bryant....????????
i was raised in cheneyville louisiana....graduated lsu...in baton rouge louisiana....1972
married and moved to pineville louisiana...
ran a computer business in alexandria louisiana....
retired in 06....moved to costa rica....been here ever since...
your story is exactly the same as mine....
buddy had a 400....i was in awe...
then i bought one...then another....then another....then another...and finally another....
i have wopled one 4 fin....
the second 4 fin wopl kit is in route as we speak...
good luck...
lots of smarts here....