Hi From Australia

xkkat

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Hi Guys i,m a mechanical engineer with alot to learn ! I have a PL700 B serial# 3452 Left channel has DC output Ive checked the output devices they all seem ok and substituted drivers from the good channel ,but cant seem to shift the fault Need some advice on where to go now I,m using the 100w bulb in series for a soft start . Dont have access to a variac I will start again with just the RCA410 drivers and build up the outputs and see what happens Any further suggestions regards Terry Australia

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
How much DC on the outputs?? What driver board is in the 700? What do you have for outputs and drivers?

xkkat

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Hi from OZ PL700B

And welcome to Phoenix!!
Thanks for prompt reply Outputs are MJ15024G and drivers are RCA410 Left channel reads 0.009VDC and right channel reads 68.9VDC This reading with no outputs fitted ,just the drivers. It powers up ok and the 100w bulb dims as the caps charge up It reads the same with the first row of drivers in place I havnt put an inut signal in yet ,I will have to strip it down to get the number off the driver board will send it asap Regards Terry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Check all transistors on the right side of the board. Just an in circuit transistor test to weed out any opens or shorts...

xkkat

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Hi from Oz

Check all transistors on the right side of the board. Just an in circuit transistor test to weed out any opens or shorts...
Hi Guys This 700B of mine has a 14a PCB Looks like the same as my PL400 I,ll get into it with the meter cant be that hard what with a "good"side to refer back to Regards Terry

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Get em Lee. You can do it ! Should not take you as long as it did for me. Looks like he knows way more than me already. :iconbiggrin: