Hello from Ontario

Phase&Altec

New Around These Parts

Attachments

Phase&Altec

New Around These Parts
This one I actually just got working. I am going to full WOPL it but wanted to practice troubleshooting before I took it apart, it's had a rough life by the look of it. Had one bad transistor on the driver board, one bad diode and the wrong bias transistor on the one channel.

Attachments

Phase&Altec

New Around These Parts
Thanks everyone!

Welcome! I spy some VOTTs on the shelves. A7s?

Gonna be trying combining Phase and Altec myself soon enough.....
Thanks! Yes they are A7s but with the 511E horn and 3156 in them. What will you be using for Altec?

Now that is a shop, very nice. Are the VOTT's hooked up to anything?
Thank you! They are hooked up to a 700 series 2 for the low end and a 400 series 2 for the high end.

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
Sweet shop! Looks like my kinda place! Love the Sansui gear too, grew up with the stuff. Here’s pops AU-7900. Great little amp. He uses it as the high frequency amp in a bi-amp setup. Using a QSC for the lows rn but think I will be building a WOPL 700b to take its place for him.

Attachments

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Yeah, pops needs a 700. Ready for me to send the Aerosmith beater??
Yeah anytime Lee. I might get it up here then order that goodies from Joe as needed keep the wallet hit spread out some. Thinking it will end up getting a full work over eventually though.

mr_rye89

Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
Thanks everyone!

Thanks! Yes they are A7s but with the 511E horn and 3156 in them. What will you be using for Altec?

Thank you! They are hooked up to a 700 series 2 for the low end and a 400 series 2 for the high end.
Altec 1202s - 811 horns with 807a compression drivers (new GPA diaphragms) and 422z woofers. The crossovers are a work in progress and I’m WOPLing a 400 currently. Right now I power them with a mostly stock Dynaco ST-70

Phase&Altec

New Around These Parts
Sweet shop! Looks like my kinda place! Love the Sansui gear too, grew up with the stuff. Here’s pops AU-7900. Great little amp. He uses it as the high frequency amp in a bi-amp setup. Using a QSC for the lows rn but think I will be building a WOPL 700b to take its place for him.
Yes I love the sound of the Sansui. Have had some Marantz pre amps and phase linear, but always liked the 7900 better. Nice set your dad has with the matching tuner!

Altec 1202s - 811 horns with 807a compression drivers (new GPA diaphragms) and 422z woofers. The crossovers are a work in progress and I’m WOPLing a 400 currently. Right now I power them with a mostly stock Dynaco ST-70
Very nice!