Hello from Nanaimo BC Canada.

audiotorium

New Around These Parts
I am new to this site. I would most of all like to thank admins for approving my membership. I look forward to sharing and interacting on appropriate topics. I have several pairs of speakers and other assorted audio gear. I have a pair of web phoenix speakers I am looking for some information on. Thank you in advance.

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Hi
Welcome to the site

WEB was a boutique speaker company located in North Vancouver during the 1970's, perhaps as early as the late 60's and perhaps into the 80's. Please feel free to add more facts about this company, as they are kind of rare, and they made some excellent sounding speakers. Truly, they are known for excellent craftsmanship in their cabinetry, but many of their speakers also contained pretty decent components. There is a rumor that they were a wooden furniture company first, and a speaker company second

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Good to see you join in. Gary (62vauxhall) is quite knowledgable about WEB speakers - more than I, since he has worked on them. In my small hometown of Squamish in the 70's and 80's, there were many serious stereo owners who owned WEB speakers, powered by big power amps. WEB Phoenix speakers are large, but I remember some other versions which were even larger with huge cabinets.

My most recent acquisition of WEB speakers were these, I got in a bulk purchase earlier this year, from a long-time friend and former workmate. Grille fabric is non-original and I'm still looking for a WEB badge. I haven't even fired them up yet, but my friend attests they're great-sounding.

20220221_170824.jpg
20220221_170814.jpg

Nando.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Good to see you join in. Gary (62vauxhall) is quite knowledgable about WEB speakers - more than I, since he has worked on them. In my small hometown of Squamish in the 70's and 80's, there were many serious stereo owners who owned WEB speakers, powered by big power amps. WEB Phoenix speakers are large, but I remember some other versions which were even larger with huge cabinets.

My most recent acquisition of WEB speakers were these, I got in a bulk purchase earlier this year, from a long-time friend and former workmate. Grille fabric is non-original and I'm still looking for a WEB badge. I haven't even fired them up yet, but my friend attests they're great-sounding.

View attachment 71321
View attachment 71322

Nando.
Pure paisley Nando... :)

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I am new to this site. I would most of all like to thank admins for approving my membership. I look forward to sharing and interacting on appropriate topics. I have several pairs of speakers and other assorted audio gear. I have a pair of web phoenix speakers I am looking for some information on. Thank you in advance.
Happy B-Day