Hello from Iowa

DSMtech

New Around These Parts
Going on 51 years repairing audio equipment. Started in 1972 with a local dealer after finishing electronics school. Found this place after searching for a Phase Lineear repair forum. In 72 we sold a lot of Sansui, Marantz, Harman Kardon, Phase Linear, Hitachi. Also Craig and Muntz car stereos. We picked up Pioneer in the mid 70"s. Been repairing most anything that comes through the door since after working fo 4 different dealers. Also a short stint at Texas Instruments in Dallas TX as a Abacus Bonder tech. It's getting harder to resurrect the 50 year old stuff but forums like this can sure help. I just had a 700B checked in that I may need some guidance on. My Phase Linear experience is limited to what I serviced in the 70's and early 80"s. Back then not much recapping was needed on audio products, resistor values were good and original parts were available. Amazing what 50 years can do to a piece of equipment. Just had a Yamaha CA-1000 with problems most everywhere. That's gonna be fun!

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
Welcome Aboard DSMtech,
You are definitely in the right place, and with your background you will also have a lot to add to the forum.
Great people here, many backgrounds, and experience. I have many friends in Iowa, went to college there back when you were in electronics school, and lived there for many years myself.
Welcome aboard !

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
Welcome DSM!

It will be interesting to hear some of your vintage system repair stories. You've found the jackpot of technical talent here - and a bunch of guys like me who have begun dabbling and came here to learn more about these old systems, including PL.

Hexis22

Chief Journeyman
Welcome!

You found the best location for learning, fixing, and upgrading Phase Linear gear.

I’m relatively new here myself, but know more about these amps than I ever thought possible through the great people and enormous amount of knowledge on this forum.

MB1953

Journeyman
Greetings DSMtech!

Many interesting articles to read here, with tips and advice.

MB

DSMtech

New Around These Parts
Thanks all for the kind words. I'll try to help as much as possible. Not much time to hang out in forums. Still working and a ton of honey-do's at home.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Thanks all for the kind words. I'll try to help as much as possible. Not much time to hang out in forums. Still working and a ton of honey-do's at home.

Oh, you'll earn your keep eventually!!

Welcome to Phoenix!

DSMtech

New Around These Parts
What thread is the proper one for discussing PL 700B repair issues. I have to start on one Monday at work.
Thanks.