Headphones

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I can't stand them. Hate them being on my ears. Not many systems in the house that headphones sound better. I just don't wear them.

Larry

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Thank God for that!! Otherwise I'd not have gotten those fab AKG 601's from ya :thumbright:

Living in an apt and getting off work at midnight makes them a must for me. Somethimes I can still smell your head sweat on them :shock:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I use headphones to monitor my tape recordings. When I'm recording from vinyl I don't want to take a chance of any feedback being transmitted from my speakers to the stylus, so I mute the speakers and use my AKG K-240 headphones to listen to the recording in real time. I have a few sets of vintage headphones, including a pair of quadraphonics.

But for playback, it's always through my system speakers. The AKG K-240s are very comfortable, but I can operate the remote control from my bed-side to pump up the volume on the Pioneer C-72 Control Amplifier.

Nando.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
I can't hang with headphones too much. Luckily I'm at the opposite side of the house from the wife n munchkin - and they have all sort of fans going down there, I barely ever get a complaint.....

well... unless I'm playing The God Particle... heheheh

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
stuwee said:
Thank God for that!! Otherwise I'd not have gotten those fab AKG 601's from ya :thumbright:

Living in an apt and getting off work at midnight makes them a must for me. Somethimes I can still smell your head sweat on them :shock:
Mine warm up my ear wax.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Mine warm up my ear wax.
Man, that was perfect!!! :compress::shaking2::compress::hello1:

Still kicking myself for throwing a pair of AKG K-340 dynamic/stat hybrids in the trash in a drunken rage because the bass was out in on channel, there's a reason they sell for $500 unmodded. They're on my 'bucket list'. I love really nice 'phones, a totally different way to hear into the music.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Speaking of headphones, I scored a pair of JVC HA-D990's the other day, way outside Capitan, New Mexico at a garage sale. I'd been wanting them for years. I cleaned them up, did a bit of modding, and they sound glorious. They are far less EAR-ittating than my Klipsch Heresy main speakers.

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
Speaking of headphones, I scored a pair of JVC HA-D990's the other day, way outside Capitan, New Mexico at a garage sale. I'd been wanting them for years. I cleaned them up, did a bit of modding, and they sound glorious. They are far less EAR-ittating than my Klipsch Heresy main speakers.
Yep, and I am on a search for some 8-track tape to unwind and bind you wup with. lol

they do have a purpose, just don't fit everyones need.

Jim

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Yep, and I am on a search for some 8-track tape to unwind and bind you wup with. lol

they do have a purpose, just don't fit everyones need.

Jim
Not my new copy of French Kiss.