Guitar Players

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I am into blues and rock players. Is there any non mainstream players you would recommend? I just like different players. I'm not a Clapton fan. To much and I don't think he is that good to live up to the publicity. Many others I like more. So give me some little known artist. So I can try them out.

Thanks
Larry

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
The more I hear modern players the more I fall back on Beorge Benson, Earl Klugh (used to be nearly every office hold music setup had something that sounded like him and I heard one last week for the first time in a long while. Fleetwood Mac with Lindsey. Al Stewart and Peter Green...oh man I love Al Stewart! That stuff is fresh air every time.

I hear 'new' guitar sounds every week but they are on the bluegrass series on my PBS station in the middle of the night. 'Live From The Artist's Den' from WNET should be taped or DVR'd every episode. The Drive-by Truckers played in New Orleans with Booker T. Jones and Bettye Lavette and the Truckers alone are superb players. Booker T. is a joy to watch and he is always so happy to be there.

Tori Amos was recently featured. She is still beyond compare after nearly 20 years.

If you missed that see if pbs.org has it archived to see online.