GPU cards and opinions

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Yeah ... like a programming language they crammed down our throats in the early years of Comp Sci .... the rest of the world was using C and C++.
in 1971-72...we started on an ibm360...keypunch...
had another manual machine the size of a small coke machine...had 8 switches and a button...you had to set every bit...then register by pushing the button ... language was university created language called tiger 1...lsu tigers i presume. .
then graduated to assembler, fortran, cobol...i finished with a minor in computer science ....72 was the first year a degree was offered...i would have had to go another year to double major...
i decided to take my degree and go...into the big bad world...you know, some graduated with honors...i was honored to graduate...

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I started on Basic in highschool.

The robots I was working with in the 80's used a very similar language; and still do to this day...

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Pascal using punch cards as well, 1975 when I was studying econometrics. Damn overnight batches drove me nuts.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
we were not allowed access to the keypunch....had to write it..deparyment had keypunch operators. ...needless to say ..lots of flags....they had no clue what they were typing...lol
We had to use the keypunch, if you made a mistake at keypunch, it was on you.