Fun video of system costing over a mil.( Nice hostess too!)

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
If I understood her correctly, there are NO capacitors in the signal path from cartridge to speakers! The other thing that stood out to me is the mega dollar cartridge has an aluminum cantilever. That's just odd.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Nice sound, but the musical selections were a bit bland. I listened with headphones, my trusty Sennheiser HD280 pros, and found that there was not much going on binauraly. I may as well have used the usual speakers. My wife says the reason the musical selections were bland is that the owner of the system would be concerned that the music selections would outdo his system. She is not an expert by any means, nor does she pretend to be, but basshead that she is, the system seemed lacking in that area. Where were the woofers/subwoofers?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Damn Laz...that was one of the more concise, easy to understand and educational vids I've watched. He had a way of making some very complex concepts make sense....thanks..

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
If I understood her correctly, there are NO capacitors in the signal path from cartridge to speakers! The other thing that stood out to me is the mega dollar cartridge has an aluminum cantilever. That's just odd.

Man I can sure hear the difference on my iPhone. Give me a break. Only way to hear that thing is live

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
It was so clear I heard Spanish! It was no Sergio Mendes amd Brasil '66 though.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Forgot that the cover had them posed on a naked chick. Quick edit there.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I kinda sorta like the wall treatments in the million dollar vid.
But it looks like a pain to keep dusted off.
Laz's vid is cool too. But I don't have a huge room that just happens to have an open beam across one end to hang the panels from. Who does? Oh wait................... I have a 30 x 40 shop. Off to Parts Express.........