fitz43's Phase Linear 700 B White Oak Conversion

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
What was the effect of having 120 AC @ 400 hz as opposed to 60HZ.?? Had 400Hz hum instead of 60??
This could be a very long post but since I'm wine(ing) I'll keep it short otherwise I might have to think.

In my world we have to live in an environment from shipboard (aircraft carrier is one of the worst cases) to airborne (F-whatever fighter jet), missile or drone so the environment can be way baaad from an EMI perspective. Shielding wires/cable runs is one of the methods used to survive this harsh EMI environment - just need to design it into the overall design. EMI can affect the overall data quality - so any way that you can mitigate these issues helps in getting better data to evaluate the system under test.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Got it. I'll need to update my DC protect board. I haven't removed the wire wound resistors yet but it seems that that the thru-hole diameter on the PCB is on the smallish side for a five or ten watt resistor. Yeah - it's tough making something large fit a small hole. I like how you worded that though.
Nothing i haven't done late at night in a car , in a field.......