Famous folks and their vinyl

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Some great vintage shots in here, http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/ ... eir_vinyl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I love the Marilyn Monrore and the Eve Meyer below (who was she?)

The Clint is my all-time fav, what a sexy way to abuse a stack of Jazz Lps :love10:

Attachments

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I don't know really who Eve Meyer is but I figure she was listening to virgin vinyl?

stuwee

Fast Forward said:
orange said:
I don't know really who Eve Meyer is but I figure she was listening to virgin vinyl?
Virgin Not likely,,,50s pin-up and playboy playmate of the month
Wow, she was in one of my fav 60's movies, "Faster Pussycat, Kill, Kill" I didn't recognize her. :?

Here's a pic of Clint from that same photo shoot above, any of ya's recognize the equipment? or those big speaks?

Attachments

orange

Tagline
I think the article may have had some commentary from Clint about his choices in hi-fi then. I wasn't right about the amp then either.

orange

Tagline
The first photo of Clint probably shows an Electro-Voice cabinet, which you can find in a catalog posted to tne Klipsch forums, search for Aristocrat or Patrician it will come up.

stuwee

orange said:
The first photo of Clint probably shows an Electro-Voice cabinet, which you can find in a catalog posted to tne Klipsch forums, search for Aristocrat or Patrician it will come up.
I bet your right Steve! And that looks like a little Lafayette SS amp or maybe toobed? The cord coming straight outta the wall threw me at first, but it must be an outdoor antennea for the tuner.....niiiice! Clint got a happy ending that night :twisted: :cheers:

Here's Iggy gettin' Jiggy, Ouch!!

Attachments

stuwee

And 'ol Blue Eyes with one of the first HT systems in Vegas! Check out the big bowl of ciggies on the table, the 'blow' and the 'weed' were probably in a drawer in the wall unit under the amp :twisted: , You go Frank!!!!

Attachments

orange

Tagline
Those are CS-??? Pioneers from around 1973. They came with the blue grilles.

orange

Tagline
stuwee said:
orange said:
I bet your right Steve! And that looks like a little Lafayette SS amp or maybe toobed? The cord coming straight outta the wall threw me at first, but it must be an outdoor antennea for the tuner.....niiiice! Clint got a happy ending that night :twisted: :cheers:

Here's Iggy gettin' Jiggy, Ouch!!
Older wall outlet maybe, Lafayette was my guess also but it's not I heard. This is 1957 and the young star who was roping fame as Rowdy Yates was having his public introduction as a 'regular Joe' in the article. I found the connection to jazz and hifi gear to be fascinating and a nice angle.