Ebay basket case Pioneer PL-570

Billboard

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I purchased a PL 700B from ebay a while back, the amp had been stored in a shed and needed everything. The amp got a full white oak treatment including a new chassis and face plate. It sits proudly in my main system.

Now I purchased a PL-570 that someone took apart and will be shipped in pieces.

I will keep everyone posted on the refinish of the plinth and the reassembly. Anyone have a line on PL-570 parts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-PL-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I have a PL-950 that I have little invested in. If you need any major parts and if anything from the 950 will help, let me know.

Tagline
---
Glad you found a table, hope he was careful with the loose hardware.

It's gonna look great when you redo the plinth!

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Hey Bill, I read a snippet that you might want to note, 'the motor is receiving power as long as it's plugged in'...I have no idea if that means something bad or not.

Message Master Tasuke about your new baby, he knows a lot about how things should go back together. That is a nice table, and a whole lotta parts, good luck!

Billboard

Journeyman
Tagline
---
FedEx delivered the turntable yesturday, wow do I have my work cut out for me. At this poimt not sure if I should put it back together and see if it works, or re-finish the plinth and put it together.

Either way it looks like the if the two motors are good I shoudl be OK, parts are very rare.

So far I need:
Que arm lift (plastic bits are broken, can probably fabricate something
Dust cover with hinges
table slip mat (can go aftermarket on this one)
elbow grease

20161025_165403_resized.jpg 20161025_165405_resized.jpg 20161025_165458_resized.jpg

Tagline
---
I went with the aftermarket dust covers from ebay, look good in my opinion.

Good luck with the refinish, what are your plans?

Personally I would just stick it together to make sure it works, though I don't think it would deter me if it didn't so it wouldn't make a difference as far as getting started on the plinth.

I'm actually currently working on the second plinth, it was to match the first for twin PL-530's for my friend but I took the second one from him after a change of plans.

did the original owner loose the old dust cover? how are the hinges missing?

Last edited:

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
FedEx delivered the turntable yesturday, wow do I have my work cut out for me. At this poimt not sure if I should put it back together and see if it works, or re-finish the plinth and put it together.

Either way it looks like the if the two motors are good I shoudl be OK, parts are very rare.
That doesn't look too bad. I'd redo the plinth before putting it back together, otherwise you'll have more work. I'd assume everything works. You'll find out for sure once it's together and you have enough into it that you're not going to trash it if it doesn't. Can't you just plug it in to see if the motor works? When you're done you're going to have a really nice and rare table for your efforts.

Billboard

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Thanks for the support, it looks like a ton of work to put it back together, so I will most likely refinish the plinth, thinking about maple veneer, and a stain back to the original shade. Then put it back together.

I figure worst case I can just part it out and be pretty close money wise to picking up a working version. The issue to getting it working will be parts availability.