Ebay auction "New" 700B ??

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Almost 3 times it's original sale price. And really, what's to be gained with brand new stock innards that are gonna get gutted anyway....unless of course your a purist collector....then that price wouldnt be too bad. .....BUT!!!! Has it really NEVER been used??

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
I saw this shortly after it was posted on Eprey and it's a crazy asking price for something that requires at a minimum replacement of all the electrolytic capacitors if it really has not been used. You know - I've heard if you don't use them they dry out. :confused2:

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I saw this shortly after it was posted on Eprey and it's a crazy asking price for something that requires at a minimum replacement of all the electrolytic capacitors if it really has not been used. You know - I've heard if you don't use them they dry out. :confused2:
And if you ask the guru from TX, they all hum too...

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
While looking at the new in box 700 I saw a 400 for sale. I used to modify these for pro use. We moved the fuses and added the toggle switch and level controls. We did 100's of these mods in the 80's as every rock band had racks of them.

This one is just up the road half an hour from me. It looks like one I used to own because I did a hack job on the panel to make it rack mountable. I really like the industrial look.

Wayne G.

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Audio buff since the 70s
Exactly!!

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
Is that the one on eBay which the seller is asking a premium for...because it has a low serial number? Have you seen that one?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
While looking at the new in box 700 I saw a 400 for sale. I used to modify these for pro use. We moved the fuses and added the toggle switch and level controls. We did 100's of these mods in the 80's as every rock band had racks of them.

This one is just up the road half an hour from me. It looks like one I used to own because I did a hack job on the panel to make it rack mountable. I really like the industrial look.

Don, I like the looks of that too....

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I would blow it up same day I got it. I would just HAVE to push it, I cannot help myself