Dremel accessories.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Like these things. I was given the Black and Decker version with the flexible shaft and use it a lot. Needed sanding drums recently and even though the Dremel brand is more expensive, I got those because the other options were 250-piece kits with the different grits and their own shaft. I wanted stuff that fit what I have and would be quality. Some of the reviews of the cheap stuff aren't good. That and 250 drums is way more than I need.

Also came with one of those locking shafts. I like those. Got a set of the large (for Dremel) cutting wheels with one of those quick EZ Lock attachments.

Next step up is a Foredom rotary tool, about 1/8HP and a flex shaft and different ends and tools. I pull it out when the Dremel isn't enough.

Then there is air power die grinder, done a lot of work with that one

All depends on what size work you need to do. But I would love to have a pile of Dremel accessories.
This is the Foredom, available as a stand mount, hanging mount and with foot controls and such. A bit more trouble to get out when you need it but great for larger jobs.
Stand Mount Foredom.jpg

Last edited:

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I have this tiny ancestor of the Dremel (with it's diy power supply), very handful when modifying small parts of a cassette deck mechanism.
View attachment 63128
Also have a real Dremel for bigger work and also a Fein multitool for woodwork.
Nixie tubes? If so, very cool.

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I have a router base for one around somewhere. I used it for larger inlay pockets and binding channels.